We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Support A Stargate:Atlantis Movie

vdgmsrck

[21]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 12

zzbeach wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, I have to come to you with a heavy heart. It appears that an Atlantis movie will never be made. Here is a link to an event where the audience asks Jason Momoa (Ronan Dex) questions and one of the questions is about an Atlantis movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kenDSCc9yrQ&feature=related

You couple the problems Jason said with the fact that he has now been cast as the new Conan, you might as well kiss the Atlantis movie good bye. It's makes the cancellation of Firefly by FOX look like a genius move! Oh what could have been...

According to IMDB the Stargate Extinction Movie is set for 2011... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288405/

Edited on 06/30/2010 4:58pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jrsgalaxy

[22]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 14
    seto1 wrote:
    martintallon wrote:

You know this might be out there, but with the introduction of wormhole drive in the final episode of Atlantis I see the possibility of a rescue ship or even a crew replacement sometime in Universe's future. After Atlantis is repaired and ready for flight again I would love to see it come to the rescue of the Destiny. Afterall with wormhole drive it shouldn't take much longer than a trip to Pegasas in the Daedalus or Prometheus.

Im thinking thats highly doubtfull if not imposible.For one thing the destiny has been travelling for centuries we are not sure exactly where it is in relation to earth so jumping there would be a problem.Another thing jumping to a relativly close galaxy drained alot of the city's power so im guessing they are going to need alot of zpms to go across at least 30galaxies .
    Centuries. That's an understatement especially considering they said its been a million years!!

GothicChickSga

[23]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 1

hiya all.

i heard on IMDB

Stargate: Extinction (2011) (V) (pre-production) .... Lt. Colonel John Sheppard
    ... aka "Stargate Atlantis Movie" - Canada IMDB (English title) (informal short title)

or is it the other way around? (as you can see above.) That the movie is being shot is 2011 & is in (pre-production). whatever that means.

i seriously want a movie, as there was alot to get answered after they cancelled the show however many years ago. personally i did enjoy SG-1 but Atlantis had a lot more special ingredients and it offered somethingbrand new to MGM.plus the special effects were the best on SGA i think.

The cast and crew did a fantastic jobwith the show & if the movie is done, then i know a lot of fans will finally be happy myself included as alot was unanswered and i hope MGM will sort thereselves out & cancel SGU as it lacks in good story lines unlike SG-1 & SGA.

i would love an SGA movie tobe made as it would be awesome.

from GothicChickSGA

zzbeach

[24]Oct 12, 2010

The ratings for Stargate Universe have sunk very low.Unless there is a dramatic increase in viewers, it seems apparent that Universe may sink the Stargate franchise. It wasn't the time slot. Warehouse 13, which was just renewed for season 3, had over twice the ratings of Universe on the same night. The defenders of SGU claim no summer competition for Warehouse 13 gave it such high viewership but that's not true. If summer was such a boon for ratings then why do the networks show reruns? During the summer months the competition for a tv show is baseball games, vacations, nights on the town, camping and great outdoor weather. It's during the fall when the weather turns colder that people start to stay inside and tune into tv shows more regularly. In the end, I'm afraid the Stargate franchise won't go out with a bang but a wimper and no Atlantis movie will ever be made.

Edited on 10/12/2010 11:28am

seto1

[25]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 16
    I wonder if it would get cancelled since i heard the reports that the show was written to span seasons and planned as such.

DILHANTV

[26]Dec 12, 2010
    • level: 2

yes right

zzbeach

[27]Dec 17, 2010

Stargate Universe has been cancelled.SyFy isinterested in a Stargate Movie but it'll probably be one about Universe to wrap up the storyline. This will be the case since the sets are still up and actors are still under contract. This is definitely the final nail in the coffin for an Atlantis movie.

CaptainHarkness

[28]Dec 20, 2010
    • level: 23

I wouldn't call it the final nail just yet. We still need to see what MGM has to say about what's going on and to wait for them to solve their money issues.

seto1

[29]Dec 23, 2010
    Well maybe there is hope afterall family guy was supposed cancelled 3 times.

DanielleReedCo

[30]Dec 24, 2010
    • level: 1

YES YES YES!!!! a movie is the LEAST you can do for us! we love atlantis still! just look on facebook how much we love it and want it back! so give us something! bring the series back even!

zzbeach

[31]Dec 28, 2010

Read it and weep people. On Gateworld.net an article paints a very dreadful picture for Atlantis.

Atlantis movie shelved indefinitely

It is my opinion the Atlantis movies were a way to pacify fansto give SGU a chance. Now I hope they do make an SGU movie or mini series to wrap things up but then Wright, Mollozzi and others who sunk Atlantis for their new toy, SGU, need to join Cooper in the unemployment line.

seto1

[32]Dec 29, 2010
    What if they just do a direct to Dvd season cause i would love a movie but could they really wrap it all up it a movie i wouldn't want it to seem too rushed.

NUMB3RSno1freak

[33]May 18, 2011
    • level: 6
    I always allowed myself to hope a little bit that there would be a turn around and MGM & Co. would start to put Stargate Exstinction into production once they aorted themselves out. But I pride myself on being a realistic person and realised it was a very long way off from happening.

Now that the Stargate Movies Campaign have even started to wind down there amazing efforts suggests that we will never get the movie. I am truly upset by the door finally being closed on this amazing series within an even better franchise.

So when I read about it I just ignored it and went on to look at my other new shows of this year (2/3 have now been cancelled - I must pick sucky shows). But when I finally went looking for everything on the shut down of the movies I read something on Mallozi's blog (talking about MGM's decision to kill the movie deals):

"Alfredo De La Fe writes: "What are your thoughts of the fan attempts at convincing SyFy and MGM to reconsider?"

"Answer: Love the fans and wish them luck!"

He wishes us luck.......?? I... REALLY?!?! Am I Reading This RIGHT???!?! It's like he's just washed his hands of SG-1 and SGA! Like he's turned his back on us and said off you, I wish you luck..!

WAIT! That is exactly what he did!!! I need to go before I say something that will shock people and have the mods kicking me off the board/site...

*turns her back on Mallozi and Wright*

(Not even a thank you to all those fans who tried! The cheek!!)

indy2011

[34]Jul 20, 2011
    • level: 5
    I'm all for the Atlantis movie.
    To much trash on t.v. now days what with reality shows and so on we need something.

bkto

[35]Aug 10, 2011
    • level: 7
    "With the cancellation of Stargate Universe, the intended direct-to-DVD Stargate Atlantis movie, entitled Stargate: Extinction, was also cancelled"

wikipedia, granted, but never the less

Darkcs007

[36]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 2

darcs007@hotmail.com - this would be nice

poundpuppy29

[37]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 5

I wish they would do a movie to end it properly

sremnes

[38]Nov 24, 2014
    • level: 27

The fans screwed it up themself by dizzing universe on purpose. The producers said so themself. So those to blame is really the bunch of fans here that used week after week dizzing SGU.