Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

They ruin the Wraiths...............

Finweminya

[21]Feb 14, 2008
    • level: 13
    MajLorne wrote:
    I know humans are supposed to be moral, but I'm sure there are ruthless convicts on Earth they can take to feed Michael. Especially if they were on death row. Michael the wraith would've been very useful w/info on the wraith.

I would totally lose my respect for the show since I'm against any form of death penalty, especially one that is so painful and horrible! And yea, I remember the guy that John convinced to feed Todd, it was completely different. Sending death row convicts to feed a wraith would be completely disgusting and immoral.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sirius452

[22]Feb 14, 2008
    • level: 10

They could stick him in one of those virtual reality pods like they did to the female replicator.

MajLorne

[23]Feb 14, 2008
    • level: 21

Hem that probably is a better idea.

-

Now as far as my statement about using convicts on death row as food for Michael, technically they were going to be executed anyway plus since Atlantis is still at war w/the Wraith, any means is neccessary in times of war. And it would be a small sacrifice in order to find ways to defeat the wraith. But that's just my opinion.

borghl

[24]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 9
    The issue already came up and the team was strongly opposed to it.

lindypink

[25]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    Humans have done far greater immoral things to themselves than wraith have to wraith; However, I don't think sending humans for wraith to feed on is a good idea. Getting back to the point of this thread, I think season four is rushed, it lacks something, the wraith are not as vivid as they were in the past; making an enemy bland, that was once gripping and exciting makes a show bland. I hate to admit to this as an atlantis fan, but they have lost something and that something is James Lafazanos, the man who brought the wraith alive!
    Edited on 02/22/2008 7:09pm

MajLorne

[26]Feb 23, 2008
    I agree this season is lagging w/the filler episodes, but on the Wraith, I guess maybe the writers thought the Wraith were being too overused, so that's why they had that big Replicator arc at the beginning and now at least are getting back to the Wraith again at least.

lindypink

[27]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 3
    Well season five is far far better than season four! For instance, we have more Todd! We have better storylines and even the fillers are good! I am impressed! The wraith are better than season four wraith, although not up to lafazanos standard! Todd is great in his own right and michael, well I kinda feel sorry for him because atlantis did poop on him after he helped them and that is not good in my books. Yes, for security reasons they tried to illiminate him, but it was their fault to begin with that he turned out the way he did and the consiquences followed. They should have offered him some kind of asylum, should they not. I think he would have been faithful to them if they did, as he ended up being alone, hated by both wraith and humans. The human weakness is to experiment and not face the consiquences, a bit like global warming really.

MajLorne

[28]Dec 6, 2008
    Yeah, they shouldn't have turned him back into a human again after he helped them at the start of season 3 and could've been helpful to them. He did get very twisted and insane with those experiments and of course mass distribution of the Hoffan drug, killing many people.
    Put I like Todd much more as he can be humorous [sometimes a bit morbid].

Season 4 mainly delt with the replicators. So the wraith were put into the background. After that, most episodes were kinda forgetable. Midway was however, a great episode and a pretty good wraith episode.

jabalong

[29]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 4

Familiarity breeds contempt.

The problem with the Wraith is the same one that Star Trek TNG and Voyager experienced with the Borg.

In each case, these were the scariest, badass aliens. But while this works fine on the initial near-death escape stories, if you want to continue using these aliens, then inherently over time they become less scary and imposing. Then part of what made you like them so much at the beginning is lost over time.

But this is just the nature of the beast.

Ballyorca

[30]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 11

seto1 wrote:
    all very true,however doesn't that still doesn't help with the cause of how there guys defeated the builders of the star gates

They defeated the Ancients using numbers that were created from a cloning facility shown in Spoils Of War