Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

What is the age average of the Stargate fans and were they from what do they do?

What age range are u?

JESSPARKY

[21]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 8

23 year old psychology student, currently working as a vocational rehabilitation counsellor.

May I just say, Dr Heightmeyer used to drive my absolutely bonkers with her psych mumbo jumbo and I was actually glad she plummeted to her demise. Sher didn't even make sense!

Gah! Ah, I've finally said it

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NatalieParsnip

[22]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 7
    I'm 21 female pre-law serving wench from Vancouver. Unfortunately I haven't served anyone from Stargate, but we do get Andromeda and Supernatural characters in ther!

Idbeolderifiwas

[23]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 20
    NatalieParsnip wrote:
    I'm 21 female pre-law serving wench from Vancouver. Unfortunately I haven't served anyone from Stargate, but we do get Andromeda and Supernatural characters in ther!

I saw Kavan Smith at the Rona where I work

igfng

[24]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 1
    i'm 41 and i'm from romania and i'd like to see season 10 from atlantis.

zzbeach

[25]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 12

I am 48 years old and live on the beach in South Carolina. I own a very tourist based business. That's why you see me online much more in the fall and winter because starting at Spring Break I stay busy until Labor Day. I have been bodybuilding for over 25 years and no I am not and never have been a wrestler and have never taken steroids (I get asked that at least once a week). My wife of 23 years has a striking resemblance to Claudia Black (Vala Maldoran) and yes she has been asked for autographs at a Star Trek convention. She might have pulled it off but she can't do a British accent to save her life. (By the way, my wife hates it when young beach bunny types ask me if I'm a wrestler so if you see Vala standing next to me don't ask.)

I have been a Stargate fan since the movie. I saw it 6 times in the theater. I will never forget the rush the first time I saw James Spader enter the Gate. I was sitting in the fourth row and I could almost feel the event horizon take me in and send me to Abydos. I loved SG1 and Atlantis and because I loved these two shows so much I am going to be kinder to the powers that be at MGM for the decision to go ahead with the Universe series and create SG1 and Atlantis movies. These people took a movie I loved and extended that love for almost a decade and a half. They have earned the benefit of the doubt. Come on guys. We could all end up with a series we all enjoy and maybe 4 Stargate movies a year. How could that be a bad thing??!!

Edited on 10/30/2008 7:03pm

Cranky_Old_Batt

[26]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 6
    47 (another of the old farts), administrative/executive assistant and have been hangin' with Stargate since the original movie and the TV universe since SG1 was on Showtime.

Not looking forward to Universe (which sound a lot like a ST:Voyager ripoff).

tehasgard

[27]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 6
    17- student
    well stargate sg-1 since the movie and then tv show,

and once stargate atlantis started watched from the begining so

Endgame65

[28]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 28
    JESSPARKY wrote:

23 year old psychology student, currently working as a vocational rehabilitation counsellor.

May I just say, Dr Heightmeyer used to drive my absolutely bonkers with her psych mumbo jumbo and I was actually glad she plummeted to her demise. Sher didn't even make sense!

Gah! Ah, I've finally said it

Yeah, I didn't like her either. Good to hear a psychologist in training agreed she wasn't worth a darn on the show.

Endgame65

[29]Nov 8, 2008
    Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    NatalieParsnip wrote:

You guys officially live in fun places. I don't think anyone from any show would ever come through my town. Which Supernatural characters have been there, out of an obsessive Supernatural related curiosity.

Idbeolderifiwas

[30]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 20
    Endgame65 wrote:
    Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    NatalieParsnip wrote:

You guys officially live in fun places. I don't think anyone from any show would ever come through my town. Which Supernatural characters have been there, out of an obsessive Supernatural related curiosity.

I haven't seen anyone from Supernatural that I know of (I don't watch it so I can't be 100% sure) but you never know what could happen. I work right next to a film studio so there's always a chance. I have seen a few actors at the local Starbucks but nobody super famous or anything. (I did see the guy who played Colonel Chekov in SG1 though)

osdawaya16

[31]Nov 11, 2008
    I turned 18 a couple months ago and was introduced to Stargate about a year before. I fell in love and watched the entire series over a couple months. I'm now on a "quest" of sorts to see how many days it takes me to watch it. I'm on day 20 and the second disc of Season 4. Hah..But yeah I'm a college student.

ebony_kunoichi

[32]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 13

I'm a youthful 32. I live in Texas. I work for a fortune 500 Co. in finance. I know, so exciting!

I never watch SG-1 untill about 2 years ago. I never could get into it. I started watching Atlantis from the beginning and decided to catch SG-1 marathons to get the skinny on what was going on. Now I love SG in all it's forms. I really started to watch when Ben Browder joined the cast.

2drama

[33]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 3

just turned 30 nov 9

finished with my degree earlier this year

but the US job market is not the best

so i am working in a hotel and still applying for work

I have been watching Stargate since its movie release in the 1990

and in 1994 when the tv-show kicked off

I am not a fan of StarTrek or battle Star G

They are way to complex for me

Stargate SG1 & SGA is a nice balance can't wait for SGU

so is Santuary & heroes & Andromeda & farscape & firefly

Edited on 11/22/2008 1:01am

lindypink

[34]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 3
    I'm 46 and come from the UK. I've done all sorts of work, some very interesting! Now me and my partner are property developers; which is not a good thing to be at this time! Never mind, I just loooove sci-fi! Especially Atlantis, it rocks!

LoveScreamParty

[35]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 2

18 years old from Sweden, Been into stargate for 1-2 years or so... seen all SG1 and all SGA episodes that's been released

I'm currently studying(photo, digital design and media...) a few mopre months then ill try and get a job and then later, continue on to University