Stargate Atlantis

Ghost in the Machine

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 15, 2008 on Syfy

• Simply terrible. Probably the single worst episode in the entire show. Bad writing to start with topped off by replacing Weir with a different actress.

1.5
    While I enjoyed seeing F.R.A.N. again, this episode had such a retarded plot that I just couldn't enjoy it. Man, when we originally saw Weir in the ancient battle ship appear in the rubble after the fight with the replicators, we were all so excited. What were those grand plans she had ? What were they going to do ?

Well, it turns out their master plan was to die. How exciting. And of course they lost the ship, too. No money for special effects this week I guess. I'd have preferred if they just never revisited that plot thread at all over this total mutilation of common sense.

Not offering Weir enough to be on this last time was just the nail in the already buried coffin. When "her" voice appears for the first time, I couldn't believe that it was a different one, and was rather disappointed. Man, was I in for another sucker punch when the door opened and "not Weir" stepped out.

For the record: Fran didn't act like Weir, didn't behave like Weir, didn't talk like Weir, didn't even walk like Weir. Couldn't they have made her at least watch some tapes of Weir so she could be at least remotely convincing ? Apparently not, since the writing for her ALSO wasn't like Weir. Even if they had casted Weir for the episode, the writing would have still made her seem like a different person.

As a bonus, no Dr. Keller and almost no Ronan.

This episode bad was in almost every single aspect. F-, SGA.

Edit: Would have given it a lower score if it would let me, but it's bugged somehow and didn't accept anything less.