Stargate Atlantis

Harmony

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 25, 2008 on Syfy

• Comedy, action and suspense with further glimpses into the lives of the inhabitants of the Pegasus galaxy, where we see some hilarious interaction between Rodney, John and a little princess.

What's even more astonishing is that Rodney of all people overcomes his cautious [read cowardly] nature to win the affection of the young maiden, it's true I swear. Anyway, the episode: while winding up a trade mission John and Rodney flirt with two medieval babes who entice them into agreeing to act as protectors for their little sister [excellently played by Jodelle Ferdland who stole the show] who's rite of passage includes a journey to ancient ruins while facing off a monster of legend.
    On the way those black hatted Genii [wait, I thought they were allies now?] interfere and fun follows.

Ok... it could be classed as a filler episode but a high quality one.
    In fact, I'd take a SA filler episode over a regular episode of any other recent show.
    What it did show me was just how much more there is to explore in this realized universe, for my money Stargate Atlantis is now eclipsing Stargate SG1 in its general episodic quality , its actors abilities, level of action and fun factor.
    However, I still miss Tori Higgenson as Dr Elizabeth Weir and believe replacing her was a serious mistake, one I think the shows producers will regret later on.