Stargate Atlantis

Identity

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 12, 2008 on Syfy

7.7
  • Dr. Keller and a criminal slated for death switch bodies. Can Keller be saved before it's too late?

With Stargate Atlantis only having three episodes left until the series finale you'd think The Powers That Be would focus their attention on the reason most fans watch the show: Ronon, John, Teyla and Rodney. Instead we get a Keller-centric episode that makes me shake my head in disbelief and disgust (and hey, after Brain Storm I thought I couldn't dislike the character of Keller anymore, but Identity made me readdress that concept). While Jewel Staite is a lovely person and was amazing on Firefly, she is wasted on Stargate Atlantis, as the character of Jennifer Keller just never fit into the team concept of the show. This episode just proved to me that Keller wasn't needed on Atlantis and was used as the little black dress for the male characters of the show. (At Comic Con 2 years ago, it was obvious from the preview clips they were showing that Keller was brought on board to be a love interest for John). However, for whatever reason the John/Keller thing never panned out, so next she was passed on to Ronon, when that didn't mesh, onto Rodney. I actually feel sorry for Jewel, no wonder she couldn't get a grip on what her character was supoosed to do, TPTB kept jerking her around!

I hate to say it, but I am glad Stargate Atlantis is over, as I won't have to watch Keller-centric episodes like this again. Big thumbs down.