Stargate Atlantis

Identity

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 12, 2008 on Syfy

7.7
  • Getting really tired of things-already-seen... and Keller

First of all, I have no problem with certain elements being reused form SG-1, or previous episodes, if anything, I think it makes for great continuinity. But only if they are used in a „new light". This was not too different from SG-1's episode, and most of the fans had it figured out in 5 seconds when they saw Keller's reflection. It was only a matter of time before they found the device, and shut it down. On the other hand, episodes like Doppleganger, or The Last Man pretty much reused the same ideas form SG-1, even referencing it, but they were much more interesting than this, bringing Atlantis elements into it, and showing them in a totally different light - making them one of my favorite episodes of the season. Second, Keller. I actually liked the character when I first saw her in First Strike. But ever since Missing, and her obnoxious whining, I just can't seem to stand her. I thought only „the best and the brightest" were suppoused to join the Atlantis expedition, and in my opinion, this includes the bravest. She constantly doubts herself, and in my opinion lacks the strength a person in her position should display. Yes, she is a only a medical doctor, and regardless of her fine medical skills, a CMO in another galaxy should have more than „just" the medical expertise. Third, those other two lead characters...what were their names again? Ah, right, Ronon and Teyla! I think I saw them in this episode, even heard a few lines... but I am not sure, as I have not seen much of them this season. While Ronon was always more of a silent type, Teyla was more open and I miss seeing her doing anything on the show. She used to spar with Sheppard, could really kick some buts when the situation called for it, and she was the most diplomatic of the team. I don't recognize this person she became, when she became a mother. I have to say, I really miss the old episodes, with much more team development, gym sparring sessions, and new and exciting missions. I don't even want to start on how TPTB are neglecting Sheppard. This might be the best season ever, but some episodes are just...out of place, totally pointless, and I strongly believe that the success of the this season has a lot to do with old fans just not giving up on the show and hoping to get answers asked long ago.