Stargate Atlantis

Inferno

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 03, 2006 on Syfy

• Exciting Exciting and fun to watch.

This episode center around the Atlantis team gates to a world where a settlement has been touched by the Wraith and that is because they had Ancient shielding device that is protecting themselves, but the twist with this is the fact that device is powered by a super volcano that happen to become active due to the fact of the settlement constantly using the device. Something that the device wasn’t meant to do and now the settlement is paying the price for it.
    I like this episode because it is a fun and exciting with no dull point in the entire episode with a little sprinkling of character development as well, especially between McKay and Shepard, whom had a love/hate relationship between each other. It seems that the writers of this show are making them Atlantis’s version of Daniel and Jack of Stargate SG-1 who also share a similar relationship as well. Also there was some character development with Teyla and Ronon who reaction to the falling ash are difference, which suggests to me that Teyla hasn’t seen something like this before and for Ronon who has.
    The one thing that I didn’t like was the fact that Dr. Weir, didn’t know what a super volcano was, she should of know what that was. Heck, I know what a super volcano is and what it looks like and I don’t even have a degree in geology.