Stargate Atlantis

Lifeline (3)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 05, 2007 on Syfy

• Lifeline is a great conclusion to a story that begin last season's finale. It handled the degradation of Weir to a recurring charachter quite well and didn't make Carter the instant new leader of Atlantis. Great writing.

Lifeline is a great episode that totally lived up to my expectations. I loved the Weir storyline and the chemistry between Weir and SHeppard is still there. The bold move to try and steal a ZPM from the Asurans was handeld quite well. The trip to Asuras was very interesting and I loved the trick Weir played on Oberoth.It will be nice to see what the Asurans are really capable of when the go to war with the Wraith. The Wraith outnumber the Asurans just like the Wraith outnubered the Ancients but it will take up all of their attention for now. I can't wait till the mid season three parter where Weir will make her return and I am also very interested in the new baddies, The Travelers.

So far I am very happy with Atlantis. Again the writers have proven that they can be patient and don't have to put everything in one or two episodes. They brought Carter slowly and took their time with Atlantis finding a new planet. Lets hope they can keep this up. If they can, there can be no doubt that there has to be a fifth season of Atlantis.