Stargate Atlantis

Lifeline (3)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 05, 2007 on Syfy

• And now, for the exciting conclusion! Or, How Dr. Weir Spent Her Summer Vacation.

Honestly, I was never very fond of the character of Dr. Weir, so I wasn't that sad to see her go. Unfortunately for Tori Higginson, this episode saw the writers actually doing something interesting with her character, instead of her being the mom of the expedition for five minutes at the beginning of the episode; if they would have actually had engaging plot-lines for her like this one from the beginning, maybe I would be more saddened to see her leave.

Having said all that, the emotional impact of this episode was fierce. The actors (namely Flanigan, Hewlett, Momoa, and Luttrell) all have the stoic heartbreak thing *down*, and despite my indifference towards Weir, these four made me feel it when she was left behind.

Of course, this episode wasn't all heartbreak and tragedy. There were some brilliant one-liners from McKay, great banter amongst the boys of sga-1 (Luttrell was absent for most of this episode), and excellent comedic timing from the show's semi-regulars (David Nykl, I'm looking at you), which made the episode's conclusion that much more bittersweet. The action was fast-paced and nerve-wracking, with some unexpected twists thrown in to keep the "heist" premise fresh. If you have to leave a show, it should be on a high note like this episode.