Stargate Atlantis

Midway

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 15, 2008 on Syfy

• The ultimate showdown! The long awaited question is answered, or is it? Teal's vs Ronan

Now this is what I have been waiting for! What a perfect episode, not only do Teal's and Ronan come face to face but they end up fighting side by side, brilliant stuff. It turns out that they are evenly matched, with neither one clearly the better fighter, though Teal'c proves he is the more experienced fighter and certainly stays a lot calmer than Ronan. It seems that they can both learn a lot from each other; also they both save each others lives which helps cement their respect for each other. I did laugh a lot when Ronan said "you say indeed a lot", Teal'c replying "do I, I had not noticed", it is amazing (in a very good way) that after 10 seasons of SG-1 the joke is still going on. A luminous script and equally brilliant choreography, one of my favourite episodes of Atlantis to date. The chemistry between the two of them was transcendent, if it needed certifying (which it does not) that Atlantis is not just a spin off then this episode certainly does that.