Stargate Atlantis

Missing

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Nov 09, 2007 on Syfy

• Good action episode and a nice set up for a good plot-arc

Finally....we are out of filler land. The episode we're seeing now are important in terms of the overall plot.

This episode is a fine example of Atlantis. The strength here is in the development (and portrayal) or Dr. Keller. With all her vulnerability she is quite a lovable character, and Jewel Staite demonstrates her ability to translate it to the screen without becoming whiney and annoying. The writers crafted this episode in such a way that the viewer feels a great deal of empathy for her, and her (albeit predictable) heroic turn at the end cemented her as a worthy replacement for Dr. Beckett.

A niggle with this episode include the fact that the Bolo-Kai are somewhat underdeveloped, and I can only hope they will appear in future episodes as they are great villains. Another is that the story can be a bit convoluted if you're not paying attention (is he Genii, no he's a wraith worshipper, but I thought the Bolo-Kai were Wraith Worshippers, oh, their not, and neither is he...WTF?)

However these detract ever so slightly (and hammer home the importance of going to the bathroom during advert breaks and not during the story) from a great episode.