Stargate Atlantis

Phantoms

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 15, 2006 on Syfy

• While on a rescue mission SGA takes fire & finds the DHD has been sabotaged. They are also under the influence of wraith technology & they start behaving very strangely.

Talk about deja-vu! This episode, however brilliant, has been done before. Didn't it just scream to you about an episode from SG1 called Paradise Lost, where O'Neill & Maybourne get transported to a planet which was suppose to be paradise. Of course there are differences but all in all friends start turning on their friends.

I thought this episode was excellent even with the similarities to that SG1 episode. The fact that the wraith technology enhances each person's greatest fear - excellent. Ronon starts seeing wraith, Sheppard flashes back to a mission in his past, Teyla seemed creepily ill-effected (probably due to her wraith DNA), Rodney is convinced he's doing the right thing but the power displays are telling him that it's all wrong.

Probably the best acting in this episode is from Paul McGillion aka Dr Carson Beckett. He starts seeing dead people walking around and he truly has great fear that his patient will die. He takes his job very seriously and it really does shake him when he realises that his mind is playing tricks on him. Excellent work.

Rodney is as always wonderful. The scene where Sheppard shoots him was really amazing, I really felt that bullet & the shock on Rodney's face. I suppose I would like to see everyone treat Rodney a bit better. I know he's sarcastic and kind of annoying but they don't take him seriously & I'm not really in to that. An example of this is when Sheppard & McKay are at the DHD & Sheppard says 'Is there any other way to dial, and don't say no if there is any possibility because I'm not in the mood for your usual impossible heroic schemes'. That's just plain rude.

Anyway, great installment and as always looking forward to next week. Same bat time, same bat channel.