Stargate Atlantis

Remnants

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Nov 14, 2008 on Syfy

• What seemed like a good episode with flaws ended up a great episode with twists.

SPOILER WARNING
    I am really gonna miss this show. I have a hard time being surprised by most TV writing, save for Lost and a little bit of by Heroes this season, but Remnants really gave me a great ride.

When I saw that Kolya was in tonight's episode during the preview last week, I was certain that it was an hallucination, but after his little explanation, I bought that he was real. Halfway through the episode I was
    ready to lambaste the writers for the exact same problem I had last week; a known, violent, thug leaving our people alive (and in this case stopping the bleeding of a severed arm) when killing them would've made more sense.
    In this case though it was even more logical and had it not been for Michael doing the same last week, maybe I'd have seen it as a clue. I found the last fifteen minutes of this episode delightful; from Woolsey keeping his job, to realizing that Zelenka never actually called Rodney brilliant. I do kind of wish he had told the IOA rep that, while it it would be educational for her to take the leader role and learn that rules and regulations don't cut the mustard in the real world, the Pegasus galaxy might not have time for the learning curve. That being said this was a tremendous episode and I eagerly await the rest of the season and as many SGA movies that they can make.