Stargate Atlantis

Syfy (ended 2009)

Stargate Atlantis Fan Reviews (334)

• The best of the Stargate Franchise

Stargate Atlantis was cancelled too young. The series was amazing and should have lasted 7-10 years. God, I miss Stargate Atlantis.
  • Best show ever

Yeah I'm pretty much in love with this thing. Probably forever. Great cast, good writing and wonderful visual effects. What sci-fi is supposed to be
  • Great Cast

The writers and producers did a great job with show and we were all sad to see it end.

With new production tools the Stargate could prove to be like Star Trek and continue for a long time with another new series holding true to old style of character development.

Bring it back we are all tired of instant star shows and New Jersey fools.
  • Stargate Atlantis

Well what to say about the show, It came at the right time when SG-1 was coming to an end a nice smooth cross over and from there the show did prove itself. But 5 seasons by NO means was enough oh were finished with this but here is something else and we promise a movie then they had the nerve to stop everything saying it was due to money ok fair enough maybe it was but it was also claimed that there would be no movie due to the fact Atlantis fans would not give SGU a fair view but enough of the past when do we see the movie MGM is currently (slowly) getting back on there feet movie straight to dvd would be a nice kick off along with another SG-1 movie.

Atlantis had it's fans it had it's stories and a great crew you could sit back and laugh at some great moments or sit at the edge of your seat.

The episode that I love (they are a few) but the one that I enjoy is "Midway" it had the action a small hint of comedy (like many episodes) we all sat and watched as Ronon & Teal'c where for many the favourite from each show are now together for one episode and you knew it was going to be great and it was.

I say enough is enough either bring it back or give us a movie or three.
  • Oh Atlantis, how I love you!

I love this show! I L-O-V-E this show so much! It is truly one of the best shows (with SG1 in the lead ;)) I can't get over how much I love this show and how upset I was that it was canceled. Sheppard and McKay the best pair of best friends ever!

Especially after seeing episodes of Universe I have a new appreciation for Atlantis and SG1! Oh I love Atlantis.

I've always had a peculiar interest in the lost city and the fact that Stargate explored that made me so happy. . . my how I miss this show. Its originality, its lightheartedness, its awesomeness.

I love this show, in case I didn't say it enough.
  • Stargate Atlantis was a brilliant series and unfortunately it was cut too soon. It was doing very well in the ratings.

I love this show. Who would have thought that it would surpass the original? It really was brilliant from the get go! The action, camaraderie, adventure and family friendly content really does make the Stargate franchise unique. SG1 was brilliant and so far reaching I didn't think that anything could top it then along comes Stargate Atlantis. You really do start to love it from the very first episode. This does not include Stargate Universe which is absolutely rubbish! I can't believe that Atlantis was canceled for Stargate Universe which has been nothing but disappointing so far. Cancel SGU and bring back SGA!
  • This is the greatest Stargate series by far!

This great show would be nothing without some great characters. The characters that made a difference are Colonel John Sheppard, Teyla, Ronon Dex, Dr. Rodney McKay, Dr. Elizabeth Weir, and Dr. Carson Beckett. You can't have this show without Colonel Sheppard, because he is the life of the party, so to speak. Well you could have this show without him, but it wouldn't be a very good one. Teyla, well she's kind of hard to describe, but she's a must have in this show. Dr. Weir I could do without, but I have to admit that without her, Colonel Sheppard would never have gone to Atlantis. Ronon Dex... all I can say about him is that he's being chased by the wraith and he tends to over react, but he's a great character too. And of course Dr. Carson Beckett, let's all admit that without him probably most of the people in Atlantis would be dead right now, because he is the doctor.
  • This is the spin off of the successive stargate sg1 series but this show really kicks it up a notch.Being set in another galaxy the atlantis team is left to fend off the new enemies the wraith who are the show's main nemesis.

Stargate Atlantis begins with a bang with the first episode Rising which basically set the pace for the entire show.Atlantis is far from a copy of sg1 being set in another galaxy plague with it's own problems and a new enemy known as the wraith.The wraiths motives are different from the goauld of sg1 however they both have an egostical and manical nature that sometimes has an alluring appeal to them.I would admit that the show does have it's low points filled with filler episodes that do nothing to advance the overall plot of stoping the wraith.Another
    great aspect is that we get to learn so much about the ancients or the lantians as they are often called,in a way humanising a race that we as viewers had no real connections to.
  • One of the most enjoyable shows to grace my TV set and at times a little lacking. It was still an excellent show. Mission success.

Although sometimes there seemed to be rather a few filler episodes the show mostly was a battle for control of Atlantis.

The battle was finally won and the whole thing was flown back to Earth. During this time there were a number of enemies each rather powerful in their own way. But each lacked the ability to adapted like the team on Atlantis.

There was constant upgrades, battles and things to find. Much like SG1 the Stargate was of heavy use. However there was far more enthusiast on ship to ship combat which was at a point in Stargate universe when the game was getting to powerful and easier to win.

In the end, there was only one out-come.

Mission success.
  • Best ever!

I absolutly love show! This is one of my favourites! I really like season 3, season 4 and most of season 5. The finale is absolutely fabulous! My favourite characters are Rodney McKay, Jennifer Keller, Radek Zelenka and Ronon Dex. There should be more Rodney Episodes and less John episodes if you know what I mean. My favourite couple are Rodney and Jennifer and my favourite duo is Rodney McKay and Carson Beckett. This is positively on my most favourite shows ever list. There are a few episodes that I don't like, like "Inquisition" but it is a brilliant show.
  • A spin-off from Stargate SG-1 that is almost as good as the original.

As I have already said this is that most rare of things - a spin-off that is almost as good as the original. The show manages to keep those elements of the original stargate that we all know and love but also makes the show different and edgy enough so that it is not simply a clone of SG-1 as so easily could have been the case.

In many ways it is a shame that this show was not allowed to run for as long as the first because if it had I think it may have been able to surpass it's predecessor. This last season in particular has very much raised the bar and the show will be greatlymissed now it is gone. I for one look forward to the upcoming TV movie with great expectations.
  • Sci-Fi Channel Idiots Cancel a classic

The finale was a pretty good one but it left a lot of unanswered questions. I hope they make some movies to finally get closure on converting or destroying the Wraith. This show could have lasted easily another 5 seasons especially with the new enemy they unearthed a few episodes ago. There were a lot of special effects in this episode and I was glad to see them spend some money so they can stick it to the Sci-Fi Channel dimwits. The City blasting in using a new super travel technology will change the Stargate storyline forever. Still, I want to see some movies with Rainbow Sun Francks being cured and brought home in the Movie that brings Atlantis back to the Pegasus galaxy and sees McKay marry the hot doctor in a double ceremony with Ronin and the hot Marine chick. Let's all hope that Sci-Fi doesn't cancel Stargate Universe before the story is told.
  • thats not a season ender thats should have been the start of the next season (sga) stargate atlantis should have started season 7.

stargate was the best show ever it had the best everthing, the guns the tech even the babes,but that a side the show was ahead of its time the episode was ok lots of shots fired people not dieing and atlantis back on earth i dont know if atlantis could ever go back the pegasus galaxy it took all three Z.P.M. to get to earth and i dont think humans have another three any where on earth.

i wonder how the staight to dvd of stargate atlantis will be better be good.i heard there are even more sg1 dvd coming out to as well as the atlantis dvds well only time can tell .
  • ok so i am a stargate fan and most things sc fi. i think atlantis was up there with sg1, and am sad that it is cancelled. it had superb characters and storylines and will be missed.

as i have said before. i am a stargate fan, and was over the moon when they decided to make a spinoff series from sg1. at the time i did not think that it could be as good as sg1, well it was. ok so it based along the lines as sg1 in the fact that they are fighting one main enemy in the wriath. as with sg1 one the characters and story's were excellant. with the exception of doc keller all the characters were brillant. right from the start with elizabeth weir. showing who was and would be in charge at all times. then the stunningly good looking Taylor who was a leader and feared no one. later on there was Ronan who was your typical warrior, and basically just like hurting people particularly with is gun. and was a gaint of a man, who ever came up with the idea of dreadlocks for him was spot on they just gave him pure menace. then there was beckett the good doc. the man who never did like going through the gate really, and who along with the death of doc fraser in sg1 provivded the most poingnant and sadiest moment in any of the atlantis episode's. Sunday is up there with any episode in any series that involved killing off a main stay character. Jon sheppard the man trusted to lead the star team. good looking, daring, yet mild mannered, but again a true leader of men. finally on to the man who made the whole series for me. Dr Rodney mackay. this man is one of the most complex men ever created. as he was all of the below. arrogant, talented, cowardly, amusing, greedy, and most of all not selfless. me me me at all times. and played to perfection by david hewlett. when the creators cast torri higginson, joe flannagan,rachel luttrell, david hewlett, paul mcgillion and eventually jason momoa they must have hoped that it would be as good as sg1, and to see that it was must have been like a dream come true. to see the cast work as well as the sg1 cast must have been really pleasing. i for one will miss atlantis as much as i miss sg1.
  • It was an interesting view of the team (or a part of the team), with a different, but nevertheless interesting John Sheppard and Rodney McKay. (slightly spoiler...:)

I don't look at this episode as a filler, as some other reviewers, because it has serious connections to other, older episodes, and it seems it will affect also the storyline in the 'original' universe. I liked how they played a bit "CSI Las Vegas", and it was nice to see the slightly different Sheppard and McKay from a parallel universe. Of course, knowing that there is only one episode remains from the show, it would be better if they had used this episode to clear up some of the issues from the series, but I guess that when it was made they didn't know about the cancellation of the sow.

Of course, it's not the best episode of the show, but I think it is a fairly decent episode. By the way, Brad Wright appears in one short scene, but this time without Siler and his monkey wrench.
  • Spin-off and better show of Stargate Atlantis

When i first heard that there was going to be a spin-off of Stargate SG-1, i was both excited and scared. Excited in ways because they would be expanding the stargate universe and new characters. But i was scared for similar reasons because i didnt think the characters of Atlantis could out-shine the wonderful characters and plot-points in SG-1. Boy was i wrong.

Atlantis is on almost every level better than SG-1. I some ways because the stories are more often character based which i prefer and the plot in general was just more intriguing than SG-1. Bad guys (wraith) are more evil and clever than SG-1's baddies.

But like a lot of my favorite shows its getting canceled after its current season. Over before it reached its true potential.
  • Every episode gets better and better. It is suspenseful, gripping, edge of seat, action packed adventure. Thrills with humor, clean wholesome fun, filled with personalities of all kinds; human or non-human. The thrill keeps you coming back for more!KEEPER

Stargate SG-1 came on like gangbusters and won the world over. Then in the midst of it all they brought out Atlantis; yet another great adventure with a storyline that conquered the hearts of Stargate fans EVERYWHERE. It has all of the fabulous qualities, entusiasum, gusto, thrills, adventure, humor, its own intriguing personality, as well as the mystery and nailbiting suspense. Not to mention the wonderful actors/actresses that made the show so much more worth watching. Their features and personalities combined makes this one great program with everything that TV viewers want to see. Wrapped in a "FAMILY" OBTAINABLE scenerio that was totally well written and captured the heart, mind and soul of millions of FAMILIES and INDIVIDUALS, who were compelled to watch week after week after week. Through the past years and including this season Atlantis has grown bigger and better and is by far one of the best SciFi series worth anticipating and watching every week. Atlantis needs to continue more seasons!! It just keeps getting better and better.
  • Stargae Atlantis is a great family show!

It's not just about scifi but about how the characters of the show have grown together to try to save the Pegasus Galaxy from the Wraith.
    It has action, adventure, scifi, special effects, but most of all it has characters I love to watch and follow. Characters that I have seen grow closer with each passing year to become family. Characters played by fantistic actors who make them come to life each week. I don't understand how the decision could have been made to cancel this show! Even the promo commericals on the SciFi channel keep telling us how great this show is. I just wish that Stargate Atlantis would be renewed for another year!
  • Fantastic characters played by actors with great chemistry, combined with cool technology and snark.

Fantastic characters played by actors with great chemistry, combined with cool technology and snark. What's not to like? Since the PTB have determined that I am too old and the wrong gender to actually enjoy this show, it will end soon. It's their loss. The strong fan base of this show will survive and we'll find other ways to follow John and Rodney on their adventure. The PTB have made some really bad decisions with some casting choices, etc., but at least for the 100 episodes that we'll all get, the show deserves a 10. And deserves to continue in something other than DVD movies.
  • Very good Sci-Fi with many characters to love and wonderfully played. Flanigan and Hewlett are awesome!! Please don´t let it be cancelled.

I totally love the show. Only began watching it in mid-season 2, but became hooked after the first 15 minutes when John Sheppard (played by Joe Flanigan) sat down in the chair making it glow. "Was that me?" *looking totally naive and cute* Him and Dr. Rodney McKay (played by David Hewlett, known from "Cube" and "Treed Murray") are the characters I love most. John is the Colonel who dropped a coin to decide if he went to Atlantis, totally loyal to his other team camerades, not letting one die after his past in Afghanistan, more intelligent than he lets on (could have been in Mensa). Rodney is a total, obnoxious, highly intelligent, annoying nerd! And played wonderfully so by Hewlett. We fans totally love him although (because) he has got light hair and a bit of a stomach. He brings us to laugh with his epi-pens, his cries of fear when lemons are near him - or enemies, when he drops his ammunition in the middle of a fight or teleports his other self in this dimension while destroying 3 solar systems in 2 episodes.
    Then there is Teyla, having enemy DNA in hers an awesome fighter and singer and with baby. Ronon, the big warrior with a sad past who almost never talks (and tries to take away "Rodney´s girl"). The everchanging commander of Atlantis (3 in 5 seasons) and the beloved doctor Beckett who gave his life for a patient and came back as a clone. All in all a very, very good sci-fi serie.
  • Stargate Atlantis follows the adventures of a human expedition to the lost city of Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy.When in the pegasus galaxy they meet alsorts of interesting cultures and some very dangerous enemies.

I have been a big stargate fan for along time since the Movie, when atlantis came along at first i was abit sketchy about it at first when it came out but i got into it and i loved it.The city the enemies the different races it is all good to me,i enjoy watching each new episode that comes along. Stargate altantis is one of my favourite shows ever, each time a new season comes it just gets better and better and the cast is amazing they do a wondful job every time. With the great work the cast and production team do Stargate atlantis is in my opinion simply amazing and is one of the best sci fi shows out there.
  • How awesome is this show, words in existence today are not good enough to describe SGA!!!

Stargate Atlantis - what can you say , awesome show , awesome cast (after some excellent cast changes in season 2) , enemies are superb , the idea behind this version of Stargate is while investigating the snowy surrounds of Antartica the SG team discover another Stargate which leads to the lost city of Atlantis , on arrival the city is submerged in water , the team find they have no way of escaping the back to earth while the shields are caving in leaving them in a perilis situation and an alien race,called the Wraith, is coming and unfortunate for the SGA team they awaken the entire Wraith population and a war is begun , twists , turns , backstabbing , suprises and some very good cast changes after the 2nd season make this one of the most entertaining TV shows i have ever watched and i recommend this to anyone even if you are not a lover of Sci-Fi shows i am confident this will rock your world. Ronon Dex is my favourite character since Data from Star Trek TNG and while he is the SGA equivilent to T'ealc from SG1 i think he is even better ass-kicking wise , season 4 episode called Midway is my favourite episode , watch it and you will understand why , i think i have rabbited on about this long enough so i shall wrap up , SGA considering it is in one way or another in competition with SG1 and has had to come out from underneath the shadow of that 10 season epic i would have to say i loved SG1 - but - SGA is even better still , if you dont own the dvds buy them , if you aint seen this show , get hold of it , if you're not interested then get interested because you dont know what you are missing! Thank you SGA you shall be missed but not forgotten.
  • Ace!

This show is absolutely amazing im always eager to watch the next episode as soon as i watched one. it is ageat follow on from stargate sg1 i loved watching all of those and was sad to see it end. it becomes a ritual watching these programs as they are so intense and leave you ont he edge of your seat all the time. The actors and actresses in this program are amazing at what they do. i really thought that we were going to lose rodney on the last episode and thank god we didnt. i hate it when people leave the show especially sam carter she was great i think they should bring her back!!
  • Love this show.

This is one of the shows I wait all week to watch. I find the stories great. As my profile says I love sci-fi and this show brings all that I love together. My favourite episodes include Rising, Aurora, Aurora, The Tower and The Daedalus Variations.

The episodes follow the same build as sg-1 the great thing is they can introduce new enemies and new allies.

To hear recently the show has been cancelled was not good. Let's hope the new show Stargate Universe will be as good or better.

For everyone who liked SG-1, this is a must see.
  • Stargate Atlantis Review

Stargate Atlantis is a spin off of Stargate SG-1. Witch take the same formula and put different charters in the same situation but in a different galaxy on the long lost city of Atlantis. Overall Atlantis is not as good as SG-1 but still has the same fun adventures as its sister show. The wraith aren't as much fun as the Goa'uld but still they are entertaining. One of the coolest thing about Atlantis is the main set it looks truly interesting as it dosent look dull are anything like that. My over all rating for Stargate Atlantis is 10 our of 10.
  • Stargate Atlantis is a really good show because of the things the team gets into

I love Stargate Atlantis. It is my favorite show because of all of the funny things that McKay would talk about with his science talk. I also like the show because of the Characters in it. I think that the cast does a really good job every week and also they have a great producer from Stargate SG-1. I know that I have to see Stargate Atlantis every Friday. If I can not see it then I make sure I will record it on DVR because it is too good of a show to miss and that is the truth. I also like the way on how the story line is put out on every episode.
  • I dont know what i have to do here. Could you help me about this?

The whole crew you are all cool. I love Sci-fi. You all have an amazing act on the show. There are many questions I would like to ask but i won't type them all down.

1. Why did Beckett have to die, me and my friend loved his act? I know it sometimes means that they quit but why?

2. Why did Dr. Weir have to turn evil or is she evil know?

3. Will the replecators return?

That is all of my questions, i still have more but like i said i won't give them all to you.

I hope each episode will get better and better.

My email is

• SG-1's sister show...

Some shows have spin-offs and they are not very good or they can be one of the best shows on television today. That is certainly the case with Stargate Atlantis. You have to start with the cast of this show Joe Flannigan brings alot of humor to this show as Richard Dean Anderson and Ben Browder did to SG-1. Then there is crossover characters like Rodney McKay and Elisabeth Weir and later Samantha Carter that are main cast members. Teal'c guest starred in season 4 and Daniel Jackson is coming mid season 5. Atlantis has really grown on it's own ever since SG-1 was cancelled. In my eyes it is no longer seen as just as spin-off to SG-1. Ican see this show going just as long as Sg-1 did, if not longer.
  • Like most Sci-Fi (nowadays), more then special effects and the futurama of technology.

Great cast, Mckay... you can say the show is his. Watch him from the start, feel his character evolve in everyway.

He is new, different, and most importantly FUN TO WATCH!

Traditional shows focus on the 'barbaric-do it all' leader, in Atlantis I find it a team, they have their own part. It seems to fit better then Stargate. (Is it just me?)

Everyone plays their part / role, the ennemie Wraith are FRIGHTENINGLY INTENSE!!! (Maybe too much for younger audience, lol). It seems more toned down these last 2 seasons.

Effects are great, story lines, it's clever, humorous... it has it all well packaged.

The world needs a hero, until then, we have Atlantis!
  • This is the best Sci-Fi on the telly!!! Totally addictive, Huh-Ra!! A great looking, intelligent, action packed 'Worm-Hole' ride in a 'Galaxy far far away' … and boy wouldn't we all like to be there fighting the good fight in Atlantis!

This just doesn't feel like a spin off, it's original, clever and exciting. The overall storyline with the Wraith is engaging; the huge scope of this being the driving force of the series. But it's the secondary storylines and fantastic characterization that brings you back through the stargate week after week. But, for all us Sci-Fi fans out there, it's the science and the special effects that we crave, and this series has it in Spades! We want more! More ridiculous scientific theories, more razor sharp wit, more 'too-close' close calls and most of all we want more Alien Space stuff!! And we want it now!!
    After seeing the first Episode (Awesome by the way!) I am looking forward to this new seasons adventures!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10