Stargate Atlantis

Syfy (ended 2009)

Gislef

Stargate Atlantis Fan Reviews (332)

• This incredibly weak spin-off of Stargate SG-1 deals with another team who are out to wipe out the enemies of the Ancients'.

This show is terrible, plain and simple. It has none of the charm of the original, the stars have no chemistry together and the acting ranges from tolerable to inept. The only thing more preposterous than this is that a group of isolated humans in another galaxy are supposed to have a chance against an enemy supposedly many times worse than the Go'a'uld. Oh well, at least I wised up and stopped watching it after the first couple episodes.
  • The words 'lead' and 'balloon' come to mind.

2.5
    This show was a breath of fresh air during season one but all joy was completely drained out of it when the main plot completely faded. The show is plodding along with meaningless one-off side plot episodes regurgitating variations on the same theme. Admittedly the show doesn't have a lot to work with - One of main characters was written out after season one and not really replaced (acting wise), the original stargate isn't really cancelled but reduced to TV movies and now they've lost the plots where SG-1 and atlantis would be running simultaneously and interlinking occasionally. The show suffers from a lack of acting, writing and the age old stargate budget problems - oh look its another episode where we visit a society thats less evolved than ours or visit the exact same wraith mothership again (!).
  • Truly abysmal.

I'm a Stargate fan. I watched all of SG-1 growing up in middle and high school. I enjoyed it and I felt it showcased the best of humanity when it came to the concept of us exploring the galaxy and later universe. Stargate Atlantis is such a horrendous failure that it's not even funny to watch. The premise is sound and the Ancient story thread is one of the more compelling ones in the Stargate series. Atlantis follows the same formula from that of SG-1. A single enemy to focus on with a flagship team the show focuses on. Let's start with the enemy, the Wraith. What an excuse for an enemy. A hive species that is dumber than bricks but somehow managed to destroy the most advanced species the universe has known? Oh, they're dumb as hell but they can build way more ships than earth with far superior technological capabilities. I would have loved to sit on the meetings where they thought this one up. Next you have the team. Overall, I'm okay with the character and actor choices until you come to one Dr. Rodney McKay. He is by far the most annoying character on the series and yet the show focuses on him so much. Also, he was the "stupid" scientist when he appeared on Stargate SG-1. How did he become the lead scientist on the Atlantis expedition? The character of John Shepard exacerbates the annoyance by constantly asking McKay if he's done with whatever scheme they happen to be working on. He doesn't ask once but often times twice and sometimes more. There are plot holes galore in this series. It also showcases the worst aspects of humanity. Whatever they don't understand they blow up. I don't find that to be the actions of a group of explorers. This is a show to be avoided.
  • The crack team of scientists from Earth heads out of this galaxy to try and get some cool new toys! Unfortunately, they're led by a moron.

7.1
    Now sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip... Some young, hip, cute people headed out from Stargate command to discover Atlantis and get cool new toys! Unfortunately they're very pretty but not too smart. I get a bit impatient with the episodes because, honestly, you're sitting there at home going "Use the defibrilator! Use...the...defib.... oh, the heck with it. I wonder if they have any MASH re-runs on?" I am trying, though. I mean, someone said it got better, so I'm slogging through it. But it says something when someone who can cheerfully watch ancient Incredible Hulk episodes with all the bad effects and 70's 80's stuff cringes at the thought of enduring yet another episode... It doesn't help that I loathe the chick running the base. Yay team, we have a woman in charge! Couldn't you pick a smart one? Seriously... I do get annoyed with how TV portrays women in charge. I am a girl, I have bosses who are internal-reproductive-organ gender, half the planet is women! Why, oh why does TV inevetably dork this up? It's not like there's a lack of sociological info out there on our gender, ya know? It's just the writers, in the end. They're not as good as the writers from SG1. That said... I do like the obnoxious genius, even if I forget his name.
  • What has happened to this show ! I was a huge supporter now who cares!

Hi Just to clear the air I am/was a HUGE SG/SGA Fan of note!
    However I have found that SGA is suffering every episode and was not shocked to hear of its cancellation.

What ever happened to the the raith they used to awesome hard to kill and kicked some serious butt now one shot and their dead ... how is this possible.

Why did the writers of the show start off with a good idea and as time goes by water down the story line to the likes of a soap opera !

Maybe when the new show hits the waves again some new writers will be added as the current ones have burnt out.
  • Did someone die!?

Sheesh - I've been waiting these weeks for Atlantis to return, and THIS stinker is what we are greeted with?

The actors seemed to be either heavily medicated, or perhaps it was depressed. (Did someone die and while filming this episode and I missed it!?) It is almost like because they know the show hasn't long to go, they came up with a plot that required the least amount of effort.

Some characters had so few lines, it was pointless them even being included, apart from filling up the required time to produce an episode.

Hopefully this isn't an indication of what the remaining episodes will be like.

Note:

This episode really doesn't deserve any points. But I reset my score and gave a couple just because the actors at least bothered to turn up for filming.
  • Totalyy agree with "bush101dan" - Rodney ruins it.

5.5
    bush101dan said: "great show shame rodney is the most annoying character like most of the characters but rodney is so annoying i cant watch it again in 99% of the episodes"

If an episode features too much of Rodney, I switch off. Simple as that. Why should anyone want to watch a pathetic, whining, unattractive wimp as Rodney? Whoever created this character should be shot, as it ruins what could have been a great series.

He even made a - thankfully short - appearance in SG1, the episode where they traveled back in time - the "There are no fish in my pond" episode.

The question is "why would anyone create such an annoying character, and then promote it to be the main character? It was an idiotic decision. He, of course, was based an Daniel Jackson and has some of the same characteristics, . talks much too fast (deliberately) and is very knowledgeable in his field. But he lacks the most important characteristic of all: attractiveness, likeability. He is the opposite and ruins the series.
  • Couldn't appreciate this show

I loved watching SG-1 and I was very excited when this spin-off was produced. But after I watched some episodes I couldn't appreciate this show.Whereas SG-1 was blessed with good actors and interesting stories, Stargate Atlantis has poor plots and bad, sometimes even annoying actors. This show totally lacks charisma, humor and credibility. The weird aliens, the flashy action sequences and the tough female character didn't attract me at all. I couldn't find any reason to continue watching this bad show.

• Explorers from modern-day Earth discover the lost city of Atlantis in a far-off galaxy.

4.1
    This show sucks.

No, really. It sucks. The writing is trite, stereotypical sci-fi, eminently predictable, and full of cliches. The dialogue is flat; as are the characters. Even the bad guys are uninteresting.

One of the worst parts of the show is Dr. Elizabeth Weir, played by Torri Higginson, who is the leader of the base. Not only does she look like an anorexic zombie on camera, but the character consistently displays a complete and utter lack of leadership ability. She takes stupid and risky actions for no good reason. Admittedly, this is not only the fault of the writers, but also the fault of the actress. Higginson does not have chemistry with any other actors. She might as well be acting to an empty room. The writers attempt to set up the potential for a romantic relationship between Weir and Major John Sheppard, the star of the show, smacks more of desperation than any real character action.

A character who very well might be worse than Elizabeth Weir is the other female on the show: Teyla Emmagen, played by Rachel Luttrel. She simply cannot deliver a line. Also, the writing is even worse than usual where this character is concerned. Teyla is also meant to be a leader to her people; however, as soon as she joins the show, she turns completely whiny and loses any knack for leadership she might once have had. Her character lost all potential in the first three episodes of the show.

Really, what is it with these peole and the inability to cast actresses?

Next complaint: The Wraith. The Wraith are the bad guy on Atlantis. They suck the life out of people with their hands, and are the incarnation of evil. With the making of the 'absolute evil' people, the creators of the show turned it into what looks like a hopeless fight against a completely implacable foe. The way they're treating it, it's suddenly become one of the least interesting conflicts on television because the Wraith have no depth. There is no culture there, no common definition except 'let's eat people'. It doesn't make any sense. If the showrunners are going to expect people to be really involved in this conflict, they have to let people know about both sides of it. They haven't done that.

There are some positive aspects of this show. For example, there are two and a half real characters on it. The half-character is Major John Sheppard, played by Joe Flanigan. Major Sheppard is vaguely interesting from his backstory. However, the show seems to completely ignore his backstory and make him the typical 'Kirk'-like hero, charging off to help people at the slightest provocation. It makes him an impulsive and annoying character. Also, Flanigan is a little bit to whiny to play the badass the creators wish Sheppard were. Besides a few priceless expressions, there really isn't much to Sheppard.

Another real character is that of Carson Beckett, played by Paul McGillion. The Scottish doctor comes across as a very sweet and intelligent person--an immediately sympathetic character. Also, he seems to be one of the only actors on the show with comic timing, which means that the random quips that are so common in Atlantis are actually funny when he says them. Not so much with some of the other characters.

Undoubtedly the best character is Dr. Rodney McKay, who is written pretty typically as a whiny astrophysicist. Strangely enough, McKay's actor, David Hewlett, manages to take the role beyond that and make McKay into one of the only 'real people' on the show. More than that, he actually interacts with the other actors. Also, McKay's odd, snarky friendship with Sheppard, and Flanigan and Hewlett's chemistry, make the show worth watching on occasion.

All in all, Atlantis is really a bad show. It has a spirit all it's own, however, which tends to attract fans, and it also shares a name with Stargate SG1. But I'm still convinced that Atlantis only looks good because it airs in a time slot between Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG-1.
  • Same old stuff in a different way new villians. Any imagination left in this world.

6.3
    Here we have a city that is really a space ship and you
    are just now flying it that's a big hmmmm.
    The city could have all kinds of stuff left behind.
    New portals, new dimensions. They could find a stash of power gadgets. You don't have to have blood sucking villains to have a great show. Space can have all kinds
    bad guys without child like entertainment.
    They need Daniel Jackson to be called in time to time
    for new Languages and Symbols.All kinds of things could
    happen in hyperdrive. Or you could find a way to bend space
    and travel faster then hyperdrive. There is no limit to
    space fantasy.
  • No SG1 but worth watching. Needs better villains.

6.9
    Granted I'm only up to Season 2, episode 16 - so maybe it all changes.... but for now..

I don't know why, but I just can't get into SA as much as I like SG1.
    I like having a civilian based command, headed by a woman. I like that they get all this new Ancient technology. I even like all the main characters.

Maybe it is because I just don't find the Wraith as interesting bad guys as the Go'auld or even the Ori. Ok, they're vampires, but there's none of that interesting Egyptian mythology or quandries over human hosts and Jaffa that made SG1 interesting. Nor is there even the philosophical debates like the Ori are now sparking about organized religion and the harmful effects of fanaticism and prosethylizing.

I'll keep watching, and maybe hoping that when it ends some of the SG1 writers will come over to write for this show.
  • Either the writers are missing the boat on Rodney McKay's character or David Hewlett can't act.

Stargate Atlantis has many redeeming qualities however there is one flaw that needs to be corrected and soon. That flaw has to do with the role of Dr. Rodney McKay. I think it is important that the "audience" like a character regardless of how evil or "weird" that character is. As an avid viewer of SA, and of Stargate for that matter, I would venture to say that most of the episodes are very good to excellent. I think the main characters are well cast and their parts are, for the most part, well written. Naturally I assume they are playing their parts as written [with intuition guiding them]. The only exception is Rodney McKay. In my humble opinion, his character has no redeeming qualities, none. It hurts to watch an episode where Dr. McKay has more than just a few lines. As much as I love SA, when McKay is the feature of an episode, I switch channels. Either the writers of this show don't understand how important it is that we like at least "something" about McKay or Hewlett isn't doing his job as an actor. It is my opinion that either his character be "refined" or Dr. McKay be "eliminated". I do not believe McKay is a real person, despite all his eccentricies. As any movie goer will tell you, there has to something about a character that causes us to like him or her. This is just my opinion, of course.
  • Once it was the greatest show ever, starting a bit slow first season, being top in second but going downhill the last episodes of season three. What happened?

4.7
    The reason seems obvious: Too many changes, too fast. In addition there was the character problem in season two. You can not build a show on two character's bickering all the time. I do admit that it's funny and I liked it but it was too much. Poor Teyla/Rachel Luttrell was reduced to standing in the background and stating the obvious quite a few episodes prior to Michael, all the same Jason Momoa.
    TPTB threw out Beckett/Paul McGillion and made Weir/Torri Higginson a recurring character. The good thing about Stargate Atlantis was that it WASN'T a second Stargate. It was a unique show in a completly different environment.
    I think the decision to build a connection between the Pegasus galaxy and earth was the first mistake that lead to a lot of rather unfortunate developments in the series.
    And I'm not even going to start on Amanda Tapping taking leadership in season 4. She was my favorite character on Stargate. Thanks again, TPTB.
  • may i ask why episode 13 is being released before episode 12? just curious is it because 12 has a spoiler in it ? but just want you guys too know your doing a super sensational job with the series and can't wait for each episode

may i ask why episode 13 is being released before episode 12? just curious is it because 12 has a spoiler in it ? but just want you guys too know your doing a super sensational job with the series and can't wait for each episode and more and more action to impact my life and i kinda think a few of the cast are alike with me so i want to see what they do next lol wish something like that could happen in real life because i wonder how we could stand up to an enemy like the wraith would we all have to wear bullit proof jackets to help stop the life sucking lol thanx from Slickinator
  • A fairly decent show with some nice basic concepts that could have developed into something interesting but over the seasons opted to go nowhere instead

I'm really more of a casual viewer of SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis but somehow (because of a lack of SF shows and a personal life) I always come back watching these two shows.

What doesn't make them the winner for me is the far too simplistic concept of applying characterless archtypes for easy aduience catching. The charismatic leader, the gunho cool guy with dreads, the hot chick and the geeky, sarcastic wizkid that can understand an encrypted alien operating system within minutes under gun fire. Add to that some rather repetitive plotlines that sell little new each week with pointless variation and you get a rather standard "formatting your harddrive" sunday afternoon entertainment where you neither care nor worry about remember anything afterwards.

Was this show bound to be made that way? Well, maybe the studios wanted such soup to spoonfeed the audience but actually there some nice concepts in the overall arch that could have lead to very varied and ethical challenging plots that don't resolve within 45 minutes. An alien race dependant on feeding on humans to survive themselves, extremely resilient and creative who wiped out an extremely advanced and superior race. The heroes actually screwing the balance of a whole galaxy by messing up their sleeping cycles in the process condemning thousands of humans to suffer and die because the aliens need to feed far more than they themselves had planned. A varied and far range of native human societies attempting or successfully evading the Wraith to survive. The conflict of being intruders in a foreign territory but stumbling over the most advanced tech in the galaxy.

Oh, one could have written extremely varied and interesting stories around it.

So why haven't they? Within 5 seasons the supposedly great villians have been demoted to the danger level of a rabid chipmunk. Instead SG-1 villians had to be introduced (Why do you recook for the nth time the replicators? The 9th time they resurrected in SG-1 already became stale). The natives were all either helpless, stupid or vilified for actually trying to enhance their chances (the Jinei were cool and kicked ass. For the show's producers that obviously made them evil Commi Nazi fascists). And for some reason it never ocurred to the good guys that holding territory in a foreign galaxy might stretch resources a little thin when you still only live on one planet and fight more evil guys on your home turf. Ahh, forget all that, who needs more than one ship to cover your base anyway?

Really, with a little wit, more challenging storylines (without the episode reboot bug that makes shows get stuck in the 80s) this show could have been great.

Instead it is some menagerie from so-so to okay without ever going anywhere so you won't have any difficulty to understand an episode even deep into the 5th season without ever having watched any other.

I think like Star Trek this franchise needs some rest and only maybe another spinoff. Of course, Hollywood would simply declare a reboot and renarrate everything from scratch. What repetitive times we live in...
  • Stargate Atlantis still possesses some of what made SG-1 great, but is lacking in many areas. The shows big flaw, in my opinion, is the enemy, The Wraith.

6.1
    I think the stories are still quite good, but my one great complaint with the show is the enemy. The Wraith, simply put, suck. Especially when compared to the gould, replicators and Ori. They're basically space vampires! Just not original at all. Also, it is of course a bit silly to nitpick plausability on a sci-fi show but the wraith are just commpletely nonsense, uninteresting and not in the least threatening as an enemy. I just can't believe a bad guy who spends 5 minutes screaming and running around like a wild animal and then suddenly can disassemble and reassemble a spaceship. It's like watching planet of the apes or something.
  • What happened to this series?

Don't get me wrong, i like the stargate franchise, but i can see why the show is getting canceled. here is another sg1 plot ripped off and modified to make another filler episode which this entire season has been except the first episode and maybe a 2 more.
    I don't even have a problem with Atlantis taking ideas from sg1 and reusing them for their story lines, if it works use it right? But the mckay/keller story line that is dragging the quality of stories down and would of gone no where if the series hadn't of been canceled anyways, is definitely the worst part and maybe the biggest reason for the series not getting renewed. i know this will probably get deleted because negative criticism apparently inst allowed since my last post about jewel statie being the death of shows was taken down, but while it is up consider what i've said.
  • Abysmal spin-off to a good series. Bad acting, cheap sets and even cheaper plot make this a series worth avoiding like Plapes (Herpes' and the Plague's unfortunate lovechild).

0.0
    I've seen this show, and it saddens me. It especially saddens me to hear that some people like it as much or better than Stargate SG-1. Oh well, to each their own I guess.
    I've decided to make this review short and sweet (or in this case, short and bitter), so I will proceed like so.

What I like about the show:
    Mitch Pileggi, whom I liked in the X-Files; and that clumsy scientist guy (he's kind of amusing).

What I don't like:
    I really don't want to go into this or else I'll start foaming at the mouth. I did say I'd keep it short. My summary pretty much sums it up anyway (as summaries usually do).
  • Getting really tired of things-already-seen... and Keller

First of all, I have no problem with certain elements being reused form SG-1, or previous episodes, if anything, I think it makes for great continuinity. But only if they are used in a „new light". This was not too different from SG-1's episode, and most of the fans had it figured out in 5 seconds when they saw Keller's reflection. It was only a matter of time before they found the device, and shut it down. On the other hand, episodes like Doppleganger, or The Last Man pretty much reused the same ideas form SG-1, even referencing it, but they were much more interesting than this, bringing Atlantis elements into it, and showing them in a totally different light - making them one of my favorite episodes of the season. Second, Keller. I actually liked the character when I first saw her in First Strike. But ever since Missing, and her obnoxious whining, I just can't seem to stand her. I thought only „the best and the brightest" were suppoused to join the Atlantis expedition, and in my opinion, this includes the bravest. She constantly doubts herself, and in my opinion lacks the strength a person in her position should display. Yes, she is a only a medical doctor, and regardless of her fine medical skills, a CMO in another galaxy should have more than „just" the medical expertise. Third, those other two lead characters...what were their names again? Ah, right, Ronon and Teyla! I think I saw them in this episode, even heard a few lines... but I am not sure, as I have not seen much of them this season. While Ronon was always more of a silent type, Teyla was more open and I miss seeing her doing anything on the show. She used to spar with Sheppard, could really kick some buts when the situation called for it, and she was the most diplomatic of the team. I don't recognize this person she became, when she became a mother. I have to say, I really miss the old episodes, with much more team development, gym sparring sessions, and new and exciting missions. I don't even want to start on how TPTB are neglecting Sheppard. This might be the best season ever, but some episodes are just...out of place, totally pointless, and I strongly believe that the success of the this season has a lot to do with old fans just not giving up on the show and hoping to get answers asked long ago.
  • The premise is interesting, the possibilities are endless, but the performance is lackluster and the plots are genre-typical.

I'll start off by saying that I do watch this program fairly regularly, although mostly as a last resort via PVR as an alternative to, say, staring at the wall. I won't go into the background of the show, which is available in the show summary and other reviews, but instead discuss the relevant aspects of the show.

First, the characters are stereotypical and lack depth. There's a nerdy scientist stereotype straight out of the melodramatic Alias, a type-A female lead scientist who often clashes with the de facto military leader (who is also the stereotypical "ladies man,"), a "Warf" like warrior, and an empath female. Nothing original in these characters, and their personalities remain undeveloped.

The acting and production is borderline. With a little suspension of disbelief, it's possible to believe the characters, environments, and sets. But just as easily, when you look at the show, you can see a bunch of people in costumes standing around a plywood set reciting a script. Making it more difficult than not to see the latter is the hallmark of a good production.

The scripts themselves also leave much to be desired. The exploration team all speak with an American or earth-based accent, as do the people in the new civilizations they discover. But in a weak attempt to differentiate the otherworldly humans, the writers consistantly omit contractions and use awkward sentence structure, such as "I am unable to understand," rather than the more common and straightforward, "I don't understand." We're already dropping our expectation that these people speak foreign languages, so there's really no need for this technique, which, in effect, only makes the characters seem less human.

Each episode generally consists of a visit to a new planet, where the team encounters an "alien" human civilization. Just as in Star Trek, each planet displays varying degrees of trust, technology, and social structure; none particularly original or insightful. At best, they're slight variations on existing societies on earth, and slight variations in the order humanity has developed technology.

The advanced technology is largely limited to the standard sci-fi fare of cloaking, shields, teleporting via "beaming," and somehow scanning for "life signs." Nothing original in that aspect either. Some existing pop junk-science is incoporated into the show, such as "zero point energy," in the form of ZPMs (Zero Point Modules).

In summary, the show might be interesting to the 12-22 age group who hasn't been exposed to previous science fiction, or sci-fi fanatics who forgive any shortcoming and embrace any sci-fi, or people like me who just want to pass the time by watching something, but I think most people can easily find something more appealing to watch (or do).
  • Another full episode dedicated just to Mr Rodney mckay. You might remember the episode were he got stuck in a sunk jumper on his own, well... now he gets stuck together with Dr. Keller... and a whole lot of brainiacs

This episode wasn't the best the SGA series had to offer, and while many people say it was a bad filler episode... I don't think it was THAT bad.

Rodney gets invited to a physics demonstration of a rival of his, who'm as he frequently mentions has the tendency to borrow his unpublished research and ride the high. Once he arrives and delivers the obligatory warning about how much risk is involved. the demonstration go's wrong and seals the building shut, locking up a bunch of scientists while they await impending doom. O, and there is also the potential risk of world wide destruction, So yeh... this is a series version of your o-so-typical B-movie Sci-Fi plot.

But that aside...
    While the solution to the problem was somewhat forced it did make for an interesting look into rodney's persona and character development.
    Its not often Rodney has conflicting interests and has to chose between these... Well... conflicting interests that have nothing to do with science, saving his own life or ego that is. By the ending of the episode Rodney has to make the choice to either put his ego aside or risk losing the woman he's been pursuing for several seasons now.
    The way this is done and how the people around him react made me both laugh out loud and feel quite fullfilled.

Its the chemistry between Rodney and Keller that saved the episode for me, and actually made me interested in seeing how it would end. I was not disappointed.

In short: This episode was a filler episode based around a B-Movie Sci-fi plot. filled with save the environment messages.
    But it also contained some positive character building, it re-showed several well known (SGA) characters and put a decent and fullfilling close/start to the Rodney/Keller relationship that the show has been toying with for quite a while now.
  • great show shame rodney is the most annoying character ever

if u liked sg1 you will like this the show hits all the right buttons and i think it ended at the right time u dont what it to get stale most of the time u will enjoy watching the wrath r a great enemy but at times stuff from sg1 is just repeated with different characters eg the replicaters
    had enough of them in sg1 and the sg1 movie

i like most of the characters but rodney is so annoying i cant watch it again in 99% of the episodes
    rodney at some point it is impossible and he suddenly can at the last minute with is fine but its in most of the episodes which gets annoying

thats why is a 9 and not a 10 all in all a great show would recommend if u r still readin at this point
  • One of the last Sci-fi shows left with any sort of imagination.

As a spin-off, Stargate Atlantis finally gets things right. Stargate SG-1 hit the wall with original stories, whereas Atlantis opens story line doors that actually entertain. I only watch SG-1 because of the many years invested, not because it was any good! As a side note, the women are hotter-enough Amanda!
  • This show, in general, is completely for nerds to enjoy. It should go back to nerd central, Sci-Fi

0.2
    This show, in general, is completely for nerds to enjoy. When you look at it, you can see how bad the story line is, and how bad the sequences are. If you want my opinion, this show should go back to it's Sci-Fi channel with all the other nerd shows. This show, and all shows like it, should be tossed into a furnace and never come back.
  • bad cast, bad script, boring unoriginal show.

0.2
    The first season wasn't that bad, specially the begining but now the grace period is over.
    The cast is terrible.
    David Hewlett excepted, I don't understand why those actors were selected.
    Joe Flanigan keeps thinking he is Harisson Ford, please someone tells him he is not !
    Acting besides, the script is boring at best.
    Dead times of the show are filled with parallel adventures of the characters ... just to make an episode 40 minutes.
    Unfortunate, it could have been good, but not with that team (Actors/writers).
  • Keep with the original people.

They seriously screwed up when they created this bull ****. There is no point to this crap. Okay I get that it is really big that they found the lost city of Atlantis but why don\'t they go to other galaxies like in the original Stargate. The creators have really gone off the deep end. They do use a little mythology but not in the way it should be used. If your going to make a show about them finding Atlantis keep it on earth, under the water. The characters are always to dramatic about every stupid ass thing that goes on. I don't care who watch's this but get this **** off the ****ing TV it is boring me to death.
  • It is so cool that it puts me to sleep after i watch one second of it.

(wakes up) Oh. Sorry. I thoguht i was watching this piece of crap, but instead i am expressing how i like it. Well to tell you the truth, i do not like it at all. I have seen better action thn this. You want some good action? Try watching two milk cartons fight. I would rather watch that than this. Take it off the air please.
  • I geared up for it just never caught on to it. Maybe the actors bore me or the chemistry is bad. I watched the first season. Catch a few eps in each season but no hope. Its just not SG1.

4.1
    With great special effects, visual effects, and ties to the SG1 it doesn't work. My first reaction was it will be good. But when it aired for the first time Dr Weir is bad just plain awful. She can not sell her role. I don't see strength, confidence, or competence in this woman. I think she is a bad actress. She looks like she works at Walmart. Shaggy and scruffy hair with no make up. She always clenches her hands and moves side to side like she is nervous waiting for her next line. I like the phd from SG1 and ok with the major but even the rest of the crew is bad. But Alantis would be a military operation not some high brow in command. To cool and slick boring. The chemistry of the SG1 wasn't forced. I am not bashing this show because I am SG1 fan. But it would have been good to make short series and restart with a new one. That I would have bought. When I watch this I never finish it. I bash the new BSG because its a remake of a quality family entertianing show. Bab5 had effects, great writing, and a sexiness since STos but their actors had to be change quite a bit. SGA is in need of good actors. SG1 has continued because the actors can sell bad writing plus you want these people in your living room every week. SGA noway. BSG and SGA are given more than enough time but they killed Firefly to me the best scifi ever produced. I just don't like this show, Sorry folks.
  • Stargate Sg1 is from all point of view better than this thing called Atlantis.The actors were better,the plots were interesting but now not even the grafics did't improve...so the best thing to do is try something else,i don't no know what but they sure n

4.5

Stargate Sg1 is from all point of view better than this thing called Atlantis.The actors were better,the plots were interesting but now not even the grafics did't improve...so the best thing to do is try something else,i don't no know what but they sure need a change...a realy big one
  • Such a Big Occassion, I expected more.. Give it some more episodes

5.5
    This was supposed to be a big end and needed to have a good ending so that they could connect it to the movie they will be releasing in the summer of 2009.

But this episode just felt rushed, I would think they should have split this over 2 episodes and not even bother showing IDENTITY (which just seemed like something they had produced and just through in, so they could bring up the production numbers)

everything seems to just happen within a blink of a second that once, that you cannot feel any suspense.. Because as soon as something is going wrong! BANG!! its been sorted out

Why end a Great show like this.. I am sad to see it go, as I dont believe there are enough good SciFi shows to watch currently.

My Final thought: