Stargate Atlantis

Search and Rescue (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jul 11, 2008 on Syfy

• If the season continues in a similar way, I will be a very happy camper indeed! Awesome!

This episode rocked my socks like you wouldn't believe it. So much character stuff! And action. But especially the character stuff. Ronon refusing to leave Sheppard, Sheppard refusing to stay in the infirmary and joining the rescue mission even though Sam forbid it, McKay all selfless with both hurt!Lorne and hurt!Sheppard, McKay helping Teyla give birth to her child...

I loved the scene in the jumper where Ronon and McKay kept watching Sheppard and then Ronon poked McKay to say something. They were so worried, and justifiably so! And when McKay suggested that Sheppard should stay with the jumper, oh my, John's look! But then, when John reached into his vest on the hive ship and his hand came out all bloody... Scary! And I loved the way Joe Flanigan played his part, the way he talked so silently, almost whispering the whole ep through...

I loved the space fights between Daedalus and Michael's hive! Oh and Michael, he was much creepier than in the past. Also, this episode... "looked" different. It felt much more like a movie and not a TV episode, really cinematic. And even the script felt different - sure, flashy but there was much more stuff about the characters, their interaction, the way they cared!