Stargate Atlantis

Search and Rescue (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jul 11, 2008 on Syfy

• A great way to start off the new season.

The episode starts off with the characters trapped under several feet of fallen building. I loved how Sheppard kept telling Ronon to leave and Ronon kept giving Sheppard his "you're stupid" look because like Ronon was really going to leave Sheppard all alone while Sheppard was hurt. I also loved how Sheppard refused to let Keller operate on him because he to go rescue Teyla. It just goes to show how much a teammate means to him.

I loved the fact the McKay delivered Teyla's baby. The scene was both funny and moving at the same time. McKay was completely freaked out and I loved how Teyla's in so much pain and Rodney is babbling about the time he had a kidney stone and Teyla has a sarcastic tone when she tells him how sorry she is for his pain. I think my favorite line in the episode was McKay freaking out as the baby came, his line "Am I allowed to touch you down there?" had me laughing for a long time because it's a completely McKay thing to say. Overall the episode was a great way to start off the show. The character dynamics were great. I'm glad that the characters were with people they normally wouldn't be with in these types of situations. It was good to see Michael again. He seemed way creepier than normal, but it'll be interesting to see where they take this character in season five.