Stargate Atlantis

Search and Rescue (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jul 11, 2008 on Syfy

• Pretty darn good! Something happened to this show's budget, because the effects were the best that they've ever been.

Absolutely great episode. Without having read anybody else's reviews here, I noticed the superior quality effects. I'm not sure whether the show's budget has been increased or not, but whatever they're doing different is showing.

Simply great space battle and character development. Loved the introduction to the tiny, hardcore women that nearly shoots a wraith dart down with a gun twice her size and hope to see more of her. The hyperdrive knock-out in the nick of time was a very nice piece of work; it just shows that Major Marks can shoot rings around whoever's firing for the Apollo.

I'm hopeful that they will explain in later episodes, how Michael managed to utilize a jumper, much less find it without a remote, while it was cloaked.

The only reason this episode doesn't rank a 10 for me is that I believe Caldwell could have probably used all of that military training he has to conclude that it's better to risk an attempt at disabling the hive's main weapons, before lowering his shields while under constant attack.