Stargate Atlantis

Search and Rescue (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jul 11, 2008 on Syfy

• As a series opener this episode was a bit below standards. That being said, many shows go out with a bang and come back with a whimper so I'm really not all that suprised.

Something just felt off about the episode as a whole. They spent a whole season chasing after Teyla and it all just came together so fast. Normally, I hate recap, but the combination of the season break and me not caring that much for Michael left me feeling lost. Honestly, I really can't remember why was so good about his hybrids in the first place. Something about them not needing to feed or being immune to some anti human cattle poison???

To recap the episode, John and his team survive the building collapse and Sam leads a rescue party to dig them out. McKay and Lorne are rescued, but Shepard and Ronin have to chill until backup can arrive as Michael shows up when he finds out his baby birthing facility has blown up. Michael sends down his crappy goons to dig Shepard out and a hilarious conversation ensues where Shepard asks them if they like Duff beer to test if they are being saved by Earthlings or bad guys. As usual, his love of the Simpsons comes in handy. The daedalus shows up, beams them out in the nick of time and then proceeds to kick the crap out of Micheal's ship. Unfortunately lowing the shields to beam them from the planet actually let Michael get in a few good hits and both ships are left relatively powerless. Michael still has some weapons though and fires continuously for what seems like an hour without even managing to break the daedalus's shields. Man the Ancients must have sucked to lose to these guys

Shepard sneaks a cloaked jumper onto Micheal's ship, and blows their hyperdrive, while Mckay does his best not to stare into Teyla's gaping vagina as she gives birth to her son. They escape and blow up the bad guy's ship. Then they all go home.

I presume Michael somehow escaped in the cloaked jumper even though he wouldn't have been able to declok it, let alone fly the stupid thing since you have to have the ancient gene