Stargate Atlantis

Search and Rescue (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jul 11, 2008 on Syfy

• Search and Rescue picks up where the Last Man left off with Sheppard and his team buried in rubble after Micheals' booby trapped lab collapsed on them and Sam leading the rescue efforts to get them out before Micheal arrives.

I loved this episode! It had everything that you would want in a season premiere action, drama, and plenty of close calls. Everyone was at the top of their game in this episode and it kicked the season off to an excellent start. Sam showed plenty of leadership abilities and I will miss her character when she leaves. Sheppard, Ronon and Mackay were quintessentally themselves and their concern for Teyla and her baby came through loud and clear with their willingness to put themselves in danger by infiltrating Michaels' hive ship in order to get her back. Of course there was the predictable scene of Teyla going into labour on the wraith ship and mackay helping her deliver but I was totally expecting this so I wasn't annoyed and it did provide some very funny Mackay moments!
    Search and Rescue was an excellent start to the season and I have high hopes for this fifth season.