Stargate Atlantis

The Eye (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 21, 2005 on Syfy

• I think it’s a good episode, with outstanding performances from Joe Flanigan and Paul McGillion.

The Eye
    This episode continues at cliffhanger where Commander Acastus Kolya is about to shoot Elizabeth Weir. I already liked The Storm, and I liked The Eye even more.

At the beginning of this episode we again see Dr. McKay change in more than a scared scientist. Instead of backing out when Weir is threatenend, he helps her. Even outside in the freezing rain he tries to keep Elizabeth warm. I like this new Rodney McKay. This McKay is the one that saves Atlantis at the end of the episode.

What I also liked about this episode was the fact that Kolya told Sheppard that Weir was dead. The reactions after revelations like this always tell a lot about how a person really feels about another. Here Sheppard gets mad as hell and starts killing Genii men.

In The Eye Liutenant Ford also learns how to take charge, it is however at the cost of Dr. Carson Beckett, who is supposed to fly the puddle jumper and find the right generator. The fight between Sora and Teyla I didn’t like so much, it was a bit weird. Also I don’t believe Sora would switch sides so easy.