Stargate Atlantis

The Intruder

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jul 22, 2005 on Syfy

• Humans vs. computer virus, a classic staple of Sf shows and one that even the new series Stargate: Atlantis can’t escape. While yes, indeed it a repeated storyline, it how the series presented it to its viewers that make it bad or good.

It is true that this a classic story element that has been seen in numerous Sf shows and I think it stay around with the fact that the story element preys on humans fears that the technology that we use in our everyday lives can turn deadly on us. This is what Stargate: Atlantis episode Intruder dose, and it dose well with the fact that the computer virus is an intelligent one, that learns from its past experiences, which only make scarier. Because not only do you have to think about how to stop it from spreading throughout your computer systems, but now you have to think of something that it hasn’t think off, before the thing has thought of it and with make your well thought out plan totally useless.
    This little fact that the writers of this Stargate: Atlantis episode added which made it stand head and toes above any other Sf episodes who used this as their story element. I also like the fact that it took the crew of the Daedalus had to do it more than once to get rid of the virus, because that is real life. Sometimes when yourself have either a biological virus or even a computer virus you have try a couple of times before you can get rid of it.