Stargate Atlantis

The Kindred (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 22, 2008 on Syfy

• Great character development. I love it when Michael is back. He is becoming a great thorn in Atlantis's side, albeit a very attractive thorn. He has a certain aspect that makes you feel that you understand why he's trying to do what he's doing.

I found this to be a great episode. The Michael character is the one that got me hooked on Atlantis in the first place. I loved Connor Trinneer on Star Trek:Enterprise and when he first appeared as Michael on Atlantis I was thrilled to see him on a series again. Awaiting his recurring appearances have kept me watching Atlantis. The Michael character is perfect for Connor. He is very versatile actor. He can make a person feel empathy for a character when perhaps there shouldn't be. But considering what Dr. Beckett tried to do feeling empathy for him isn't difficult (at least for someone who wouldn't appreciate being forced to be something they aren't). The surprise return of Dr. Beckett in this episode was terrific. He became one of my favorite characters after starting to watch Atlantis. I knew that he would be returning at some point as I had read it on the Atlantis website but hadn't thought about it being in this way. I'm looking forward to the second half of this storyline to see just how or who this particular Dr. Beckett is. And as much as she may hate to admit it, Michael is kind of right when he tells Teyla that they really aren't that different; they are both hybrids. Albeit, Teyla was born that way and Michael was forced to be so. I admit Michael is one sexy bad guy and I wish they could do more than just one or two episodes a year with him. Not every week mind you but maybe 3 or 4 episodes?? This was a great storyline and I am so looking forward to seeing where it goes next!