Stargate Atlantis

The Kindred (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 29, 2008 on Syfy

• Not exactly what I hoped for after the last episode, but still a great episode.

Last week's episode was a great set up to what now seems like it will be a small story-arc that extends into the next season. This episode isn't exactly what I hoped for after watching that episode, but was still a great episode overall.

We didn't get that much out of this episode in terms of the michael story that was set up in the previous episode, probably because they are saving the rest for future episodes. In that way, this episode was kind of disappointing because, even though I didn't expect everything to resolve itself, I thought we'd get a bit more into that whole storyline.

But I did still like the episode. The situation with Carson was handled very well. I would have prefered it to be the real Carson Beckett, but at least we didn't get an evil version of him. I really liked how the clone seamed like the real Carson, and how much it hurt him not to be able to shoot michael because it meant that Teyla wouldn't be rescued. I hope that they will do more with that side of the story. Hopefully they do find a cure for him, so that he'll be on more in the future, even if it's not as a regular character.

Another part of the story that was handled nicely was McKay's friendship with Carson. There were some very nice scenes between them.

Overall, this episode wasn't what I wanted it to be, but it was still a great episode that will hopefully be expanded upon in the future.