Stargate Atlantis

The Last Man (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 07, 2008 on Syfy

• Heartfelt story telling

Heartfelt story telling.

Evokes the same feelings of loss as the SF novel "Earth Abides" by George R. Stewart, and the SF film "A.I." by Steven Spielberg.
  • We see what might have been.

This episode gives the writers a chance to explore what occurs should the team be unsuccessful in defending against Michael and his created race. The writers don't go into any details on Michael's success or failure, but we learn what might have been for many characters. We also discover Atlantis stands for at least 26 more years (with humans) and 48-49,000 years.

It was nice to have an (very brief) opportunity to see how the future might turn out should failure occur. Yet, we know (or hope we know) the Atlantis team will be successful and hence an alternative reality story.

A big thank you to the writers and producers and now, please, let us have the canon success stories.

Oh, one item they failed to mention . . . What happened to Dr. Beckett? After all last we saw he was using the same chamber as Sheppard.
  • The best finale EVER!

I honestly don't know what to say. This was really to painful to watch... We saw all our heroes die. The scene where we saw the last moments of Jennifer was just to much for me. I really support the idea of Jewel Staite joining the regular cast next season. And I wonder if the writers will recreate the relationship between her and McKay in the normal timeline.

It is really great that the characters will have a chance to change everything and that John remembers everything that McKay said to him in the future. Well there were only two very small errors in the episode - what happened to Carson and the surviving Replicators? But the episode still was perfect. Let's wait for the fifth season now.
  • See Summary

The Last Man was a great episode with lots of action, drama and insight into the characters. The episode was mainly about Sheppard getting trapped 48,000 years in the future and being assisted by the Hologram Dr. McKay to set things right. Hologram McKay gives detailed accounts of what happened to the other team members, the universe, and himself. It was interesting to see how each persons story unfolded, and the choices they made. I was happy to see such solid character in all of the characters. They are who they are to the core, and it shines through. I really enjoyed watching this episode and watching the story unravel.
  • A fresh approach to a season finale.

As far as season finales go, there have definitely been better ones but this for me was still an excellent episode. A look into the future and a look at how things might be if the Atlantis team was to fail. This episode really showed character spirit. We rarely, if ever, see our favourite characters die. With this alternate time line we got to see how the characters reacted with certain death. Although we have seen them face almost certain death before we could be confident that they would find a way to escape and survive. Ronons death for me could have been more dramatic but it was how I imagine he would act in that situation, sacrificing himself for the success of the mission and the safety of his men. I am a big fan of Todd the wraith and was pleased to see him fight and die side by side with Ronon. Carters death was also extremely self-sacrificing and heroic. Carters role in Atlantis, I feel, is very different from SG-1. In SG-1 she was a scientist and a soldier. But in Atlantis she is a leader first. I thought her alternate story line really brought back the character which we loved to watch through out all 10 seasons of SG-1. With her working on the Phoenix with McKay, then sacrificing herself to save her crew. This is definitely the Carter I remember. Teylas appearance in this episode is very small although understandable as Rachel Luttrell was pregnant at the time. Though she isn't seen much, Teyla is still a main part of the episode and the story line. A lot of people don't believe McKay would have abandoned Atlantis so easily but this episode is telling the story over, I suspect months in Atlantis after Sheppard's disappearance, then years back on Earth. The loss of all three members of McKay's team could have easily caused him to re-evaluate his role on Atlantis. I understand Keller not wanting McKay to waste his life obsessing about fixing everything but this is the McKay we know and love and he wouldn't have it any other way. Major, or should I say, General Lorne's role was a good addition to the story. I thought it was good to see a loved character had survived in Pegasus and made it home. Although I thought McKay's line to Lorne, "You saw whats happening in Pegasus and you know whats happening here." needed a little more explanation. Although our focus was more aimed towards what happened in the alternate time line, Joe Flanigan's performance really kept our minds on the problem at hand as Sheppard realized he had to prevent all these things from coming to pass. I thought the episode would have been more success to leave us hanging with Sheppard still in the future. The cliff hanger of the building collapsing, I my opinion, wasn't the best way to end the episode as well as the season. All in all this episode was extremely exciting and very enjoyable.
  • The start of something great

This episode i feel was one of the all time greats of the show to date. I think this is because of the extremely well written actions and reactions from each and every character when it came to what happened in the alternate time line.

Firstly until I watched The Shrine, this episode boasted the best acting by David Hewlett during the shows 5 years. the way he recounted the deaths of his friends and how in someway he had changed due to the experience was previously uncharted territory but he pulled it off fantastically.

Secondly the writing for this episode was phenomenal with every character dying for something, even Keller who died due to trying to save people from the effects of the Hoffan drug.

Finally the character development in this episode was brilliant, although you know shepherd will change the future the person that Rodney has become after those 25 years. this episode starts the Keller arc of season 5 (although trio hinted at it)and it couldn't have done it in an better way because it adds to the reasons why Rodney wasted his life trying to save everyone. I would say it was the significant reason why he decided to change the time line, although selfish it was also heroic.

overall this episode was a good finale because it was unconventional, the character development was great and it was also witty and charming. a brilliant finale.
  • great episode...

I love time travel episodes. This time, Sheppard went through the gate and ended up 48,000 years in the future. I really liked the clips into the future. I loved the "heroic" deaths all of the characters in that timeline had. I wish that they had those deaths in the real timeline....I would love Ronon to go down with Todd. Anyways, I also liked McKay's older character; it was interesting and funny to watch. Oh, I also liked how they downplayed how Sheppard was to go back and really focused on the alternate future. It was funny when Sheppard stepped through the gate to his timeline. Overall, great episode and great finale!
  • More like altenate timeline...

Man this was a thrilling episode. It is always neat to watch alternate reality and alterate timeline episodes to see what they can come up with, this episode delivered in that department. Sheppard is sent 48,000 years into the future and finds everyone he ever knew gone, except for a hollogram of Mckay. It was really neat to see what happend to everyone else in this alternate timeline like McKay and Keller, never in a million years would I have guessed that one. Carter is one of my favorite characters and I didn't want to see her die but it was a good way to die, go down with the ship. But it wasn't really Carter. Good season finale although I would have liked to see a little more action, all season finales need action.
  • Due to a malfunction in the gate when dialing Atlantis Sheppard gets thrown forward in time and a holo version of Mackay tells him what befell the expedition after his disappearance.

I am not a huge fan of these flashback/timetravel stories so I was somewhat disappointed in this episode especially since it was a season finale. I thought that they could have gone with a more straight line adventure storyline rather than jumping around with the flashbacks. One thing that interested me though is that alot of the trouble with Micheal seems to stem from Teyla's baby so that should provide some interesting stories in season five. My favourite sequence was the end when the building collapsed on Sheppard, Mackay, Ronon and Lorne you know that they will survive but you still have to wait a few months to find out how things turn out.
  • Sheppard ends up in the future and McKay tells him what went wrong

In the search for Teyla, Sheppard ends up 48 000 years into the future! Atlantis been abandoned, the Sun in the planet are dying and the planet's ocean is nothing more than sand.
    Sheppard encounters a holographic version of McKay that tells that everything went south after his disappearance.
    Michael made hybrids of most of the galaxies people and Earth didn't do much to help.
    We see the fates of Keller, Teyla, Carter, Ronon and McKay.
    This is a sort of episode I like, time travel and alternate realities/universe. Time travel forward to see what happened in the past and try to change that. Thus making a alternate reality. Which confuses me highly! But this was a great episode, the cliffhanger was a little weak, could have ended with Lorne shouting and fade to black as we hear the explosions.
  • This was an unexciting end to what could possibly have been the best season yet.

The Last Man, for me, was the biggest let down of the season. As a season finale, it wasn't even a patch on a) some of the episodes in season 4 or b) season 3's finale, The First Strike. In good Stargate tradition, season 3 ended with a bang. We saw our team submerge the vulnerable city, fly it away, Elizabeth being blown away by the Replicators energy beam and the city dropping out of hyperspace light years from anywhere and unable to calibrate the Stargate because they had no idea where they were, as the power slowly dwindled away. This season, we get a thrown together reality where everyone dies heroically - that isn't even going to happen anyway because Johdney have messed with the timeline and instead of dying heroically, they're about to be crushed to death as one of Michael's buildings collapses on top of them on a search for the still missing Teyla. Aside from knowing that there is a season 5, the title of the first few episodes, who wrote them and who's lined up to direct them, I've stayed spoiler free. Still, I feel none of the jeopardy that Joseph Mallozzi promised me I'd feel. My roll of the eyes was a far cry from the tossing of things at the TV that was predicted. The fact there is a season 5 takes a lot of that sense of imminent death away because even though the powers that be have been on a roll with killing off main characters of late, even this is too dramatic for our Stargate crew. The episode as a whole left me wanting more; more of what we saw in This Mortal Coil and Be All My Sins Remember'd – huge honking space battles and witty banter, with a dish of Shepp-whump on the side.

Don't get me wrong, I think Joe Flannigan did – as usual – a wonderful job on the acting front. It is at the feet of the writers, the producers and anyone else who haunts the Bridge Studios during the hiatus that my disappointment lies. Even for me, a huge John Sheppard fan, I found it more than a little difficult to believe that because Sheppard went missing all humanity in Pegasus went to pot. I just can't buy that.

Ronon's storyline was the only one that was remotely plausible to me. I can see him leaving Atlantis if John and Teyla weren't about because, despite the fact that Rodney and Ronon have a friendship, they are just too different; Ronon is a warrior, Rodney is not. They don't 'get' one another on the same level as Ronon/Teyla and Ronon/John. And yes, I can see Ronon giving a little smirk as he pressed the button and waved bye-bye to one the biggest mistakes he let Atlantis make. Rodney's storyline was a bit of a miss with me as well. What we saw Rodney doing is what Rodney of season 1 and 2 would do; turning tail and run. The Rodney of late season 3 and season 4, I feel, wouldn't have. We've seen him change a lot in the past two seasons and I don't believe he would give up his place in Atlantis; he would have stayed behind and tried to fix what I'm sure he feels somewhat responsible for. And his story-telling left a lot to be desired as well; too many of the phrases were too un-Rodney and it leant even more to the sense of disbelief this episode filled me with. However, the fact that Rodney came up with a solution doesn't surprise me and I'm glad he did – I don't think Rodney would have stopped for anyone and he didn't. That's the Rodney I know and love.

This episode firmly eradicated any good feelings I had in regards to Keller. Firstly, she was the first to turn tail and run, despite the fact that there was still a lot she could do regardless of the IOA's interference. If soldiers of Atlantis were still going off world to garner ZPM's, they would be at risk of contracting the Hoffan virus and she could have continued her work into finding a cure. But did she? No. At the first sign of trouble she was off. Then that thing that really got me was her trying to convince Rodney to give up. Not only is it the epitome of pessimism and exactly what Keller is about, it also shows how little she knows Rodney. On her death bed, she asked him to promise not to continue to try and save his friends, when there was a possibility he could. That showed me just what kind of character Keller is. If she was so willing to give up in Atlantis and give up on Rodney, then I'm not looking forward to seeing her in season 5.

Another gripe. Wasn't Carson in the stasis chamber the last time we saw him in Kindred pt 2? Why was there no mention of him? For John, putting Carson in the stasis chamber was only a matter of days beforehand, surely he'd ask if they'd managed to find a way to help him, or if the IOA had ordered they turn to pod off. I think especially after the whole dramatic "Carson's back!" that was Kindred pt2, the least he deserved was a wee mention. He was, after all, Rodney's best friend. And what is with Stargate and their main characters' babies being the key to the destruction of the universe as we know it? First Vala, now Teyla. The Teyla story arc of season 4 was a disappointment to many Teyla fans and her lack of appearance in the finale only served to prove these points of views right. She deserved better.
  • Normally I do not like to watch season finale episodes in real time, as I tape them and watch them several times to see all I can get out of them. This one is full of surprises.

It was well done and interesting. With what you see has happened and how Shepard is going back to change the timeline, is an interesting premise.
    You see Carter getting killed, now we have not seen any news on her signing on for another year, maybe that part of the timeline will not change.
    I can only hope that the scripts for the new season are as good as this one. We need a little luck here, that the actors do not go on strike to screw up another television season. I miss the original series a lot, but since that one is over this one will do.
  • MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN

While I'm not usually a fan of flashback episodes, this one was very well done. Holo-Rodney's voiceovers were easily distinguisted from whatever dialogue was happening in the 'memory' and the action in the flashbacks was a good counter to the rather stagnant scenes between John and Holo-Rodney.

The Genii are mentioned, but, again, not seen. They're one of the more fun to watch enemies/allies on the show, mostly because you/the characters never know if they're going to be there as allies or enemies. Hopefully the Genii will show up more in season 5.

The friendship that was set up at the end of Trio with Keller and Rodney going out for a beer dovetailed well into this episode, probably explaining why the Katie Brown/Rodney McKay engagement never happened. I wonder if the writers will work that into the next season, since Jewel Staite is going to be a main cast member. Ronan might have something to say about it, considering the kiss in Quarantine, though nothing ever came out of that other than a weird look between the two of them at the end of the episode.

Was that guy at the console next to Michael supposed to be Teyla's son, or is Michael just getting all the hybrids to style their hair like his? And if the guy wasn't supposed to be Teyla's son, where was he, if he was so important to Michael's win over the galaxy?

While I hated the way the episode left off, I expected some kind of cliffhanger. I was just hoping that it would involve some kind of resolution to the Replicators in the form of Sheppard, Ronan, Rodney, and Teyla, not to mention Elizabeth who I firmly believe is still alive, if only because to admit that she isn't is to admit that Torri isn't going to be coming back to the show.

Overall it was a good episode. Not my favourite, but definitely in the top ten.

Tine Rua
  • Basically I watched as Sheppard goes into the future (yes, another solar flare) where Atlantis is vacant and trapped in a dying world filled with sand, Halographic Rodney fills him in on everything that could happen if he doesn't go back and stop it.

The End of this season show makes me wince. I realize they want to make sure you watch to see what happens, but wouldn't it have been better to have them rescue Tela only to find her Baby gone, the whole building crashing down around them.. eehhh mildly not so good. so yeah, Love the show, but ugh this episode made me wonder why. Rodneys endless babble does continue in this episode which I found humorous, as well as him actually "getting the girl".. All and all this episode wasn't "horrid" but it wasn't supurb. Can I give it 1 thumb and half a pinkie?
  • I loved it. Really loved it.

The basic idea for this story may have been covered many times before, with Time travel and what-not, but I still loved the episode. There's something about 'what-ifs' that really gets to me and the individual stories of the expedition members almost brought me to tears. Poor Rodney and Dr Keller. It may not have continued the overall arc of the season very much but thats okay; because we know there will be a season five to tell us what happens next. Although that is the major criticism I have. Oh and the waiting obviously, because that's going to be hard.
  • Not the strong finish the season deserved

This year was something of a year of reconstruction for "Stargate: Atlantis". The demise of "SG-1" meant an overall in the production staff across the board and more than a few cast changes. There were promises of less focus on Sheppard and McKay and stronger character arcs as a whole. Meanwhile, the plot arcs were taken in unexpected directions. The Wraith became more complicated with the brilliant introduction of "Todd", the Asurans were dealt with definitively (for this season, anyway), and Michael returned in a nice bit of continuity.

That said, the major season arc seemed to end in the previous episode with Michael's abduction of Teyla. The writers had an early pickup for the fifth season, so bringing the season to a strong conclusion wasn't necessarily a given. Instead of the huge cliffhangers of previous seasons, the writers went with something closer to the classic "Buffy" episode "Restless".

In short, Sheppard is launched in a continuity-driven manner about 48,000 years into the future, where a holographic McKay has been waiting for him. McKay has a plan for getting Sheppard back to his rightful time, but it will take a little maintenance of the now-defunct Atlantis to make it happen. In the meantime, McKay runs down a list of ever-more depressing fates for the rest of Team Atlantis, all stemming from Michael's success in creating a true Wraith/Human hybrid race.

Most of the stories work within the established continuity, and in some cases, presage events that may very well come to pass. In that respect, the episode is very much like the "Star Trek: Voyager" episode "Year of Hell", in which the audience gets to see how bad it could really be, if things don't change. To a certain extent, I'm tempted to think that the fifth season would far exceed my expectations if the producers had the guts to spool out even half of the future as depicted by McKay.

Unfortunately, what the episode gains in the depiction of a bleak galactic and personal future is mitigated by the implications of the final act. Sheppard returns, as one would expect, to his own time (more or less). If that had been the end of the episode and the season, it would have been an effective cliffhanger. Instead, Sheppard gathers a team together to storm Teyla's probable location, based on the holographic McKay's descriptions.

It turns out to be a trap set by Michael, which implies that Sheppard's experience might have been an elaborate illusion. I initially found this to be a clever twist, but after some reflection, I was disappointed. Michael is certainly intelligent and a glorious example of the self-inflicted wound, the Mordred to Team Atlantis, but the man should have limits.

Despite that, the fate of the team is left in doubt, and while it's a far more conventional cliffhanger than the psychological dread that McKay's recitation of the future might have granted the audience, it works well enough. A little more insight into the changes coming to the status quo might have been nice, but perhaps that explains the ending. With so many changes and fireworks to come in the fifth season premiere, perhaps the writers wanted to give themselves a relatively easy situation to resolve.
  • Love love loved it

Where do I begin in telling you about how much I enjoyed this episode. It was fantastic. I love and hate that it ended on such a huge cliffhanger. I love it because it ads more suspense to the drama but hate it because Iwant to know what happens next. The whole Mckay and Keller thing made me laugh. Of course they seem to have chemistry as we have seen from episodes like "Trio" but i Keller was going to have gotten togther with anyone I would have picked Ronon. This episode was so great I think the acting alone deserves a 10.
  • An intriguing look into what will happen.

This episode was very well done and emotionally involving. It was some of a filler episode, with the action that continues into next season only occurring at the end of the episode, but I have a feeling that the importance of this episode will continue into next season and will be used to fill out information more.

The stories that are told were told very well and were very interesting to hear, and to see how the characters changed, and what they did after Sheppard had left. The stories were rather emotionally charged and with characters that figure so prominantly into what goes on, they were done very well. Too often deaths become hokey/cheesy and you want to laugh at them as much as feel for them. However, this episode does a very good job of avoiding that and keeping them simple and emotional.

Overall this episode was very good. It definitely leaves the season at the good spot in the middle of the story that is going on, but it doesn't run so far through the story (aided by how it was set up) that you know exactly where it is going to go, like some season ending episodes do.
  • Hmm not sure about the closing of this season.

6.3
    the last man was good i enjoyed it but it felt like a season filler and not a big ending to the season that i thought i was in for. it was like 1 of them missions in the base that they try to save money i was wanting more action and to be more fast pace. maybe if they had of got in to a big war with the wraith big space battle and a few non important people dead then a twist at the end to keep us watching!!! but over all i still think it was a good season. have to say.... how silly did woolsey look in that atlantis uniform. lol:)
  • We get to see all sorts of possible scenarios if things go bad in Pegasus.

Personally, I loved the episode. I read a review where someone thought it wasn't realistic enough. Really? What part about us running a city that was uninhabited for 10,000 years and probably built a million years before that in another galaxy, that we got to by way of a device that creates wormholes between planets.

And the sand is unrealistic?

Ok, that rant is over with. I was glued to the set, to see all the different paths peoples lives took. To see so many characters 'killed off' was sad to see. Why did it have to take that route? It was nonetheless dramatic and exciting to watch. I am unsure how they are going to explain any of them surviving the collapsed building at the end. (Which someone else said was bad CG - uh... it's TV, there are budgets involved. I swear some people think that TV producers and special effects guys live to their own personal whims. Get a life and wake up)
  • Why in God's name did they do it this way.... What is with Dr Weir's clone? Does Todd come back even for a short while? Let's get rid of Amanda Tapping? I'm not quite sure if it works out with Robert Picardo as new base leader?!

6.2
    Ok Ok, some nice storys told about how everything goes circling down the drain... but please spare us the last 5 minutes and that bad CGi building from falling apart...hahaha..

I would have done a cliffhanger in which final moment a totally disillusionned John Sheppard enters the stasis chamber, taking a final look at the deserted Dune-Atlantis and with the door eventually closing still gets a last glimpse at the holodoc McKay holding his new love Jenny, also a hologram, by the hands giving him tough some kind of hope for a better future (or a better past?). Basta. Endpoint. ... to be continued next season....

That would have been charming to death.

Oh yes, I want to see Todd back for a let's say 2 or 3 episode-story-arc where he does a joint-venture with the SGA team for bringing Michael down (finally?!) and as a so called counterpart to the Ronon Dex viewpoint of the Wraith's society and because he is definitely a cool character with this unbeatable sense of humor mixed with sarcasm.

I'm disappointed but who is not and yet I still have belief that we can talk some sense into the story-writers...hahaha

And please come up with a new, a really new badass for season 5 !!!
  • Shepperd goes forward in time...and get the info, how to save the Pegasus galaxy!

This was a very depressing episode.
    Sheppard goes forward in time, /48,000 years/ and find out, that Atlantis is abandoned. Everybody died, and he is last man. Last man, with a hologram. Rodney made a hologram of himself to help John to get back to his own time, and with the information of the past, he could change history, and save everyone form Michael and his hybrids. Meanwhile they try to get back in time, Rodney tells everything, whos their mates died. Only he survived, and worked on earth 25 years with the hologram. After John get back in the present, they started to search for Teyla, because her baby is the key, save the galaxy from Mihael!

Not bad for a season final, but the last 4-5 minutes was awful...except of that...this was a good episode. Cant wait to see season 5!!!
  • Since Stargate Atlantis hit the air, each season's finale was well written with memorable cliff-hangers… until now.

The Last Man was very well written and executed and really the only things I wish to complain about is the final sequence, yes it was a cliff hanger, but when it comes to season finale's it was definitely one of the worst.
    The character development and a glimpse of what could happen next season was well done and I applaud the writing staff on their ability, but as many of the episodes this season, it lacked the essence of what Stargate is. In many ways it was merely a filler episode that did not answer many of the questions raised throughout the season, for instance, why was there a scene with Dr. Weir if it weren't to be addressed for the rest of the season? Or what will happen to Carter that prevents her from staying on as leader? (A little spoiler, sorry)
    Overall out of 10 I would only rate this finale as 5 because in my opinion it only filled 50% of what a finale should be.
  • Dune version of Atlantis...

mm.. I have somehow mixed feelings about this episode. It was great, no doubts. I loved all the future storyline - the sun flare thing and what have happened there. And those stories holo-Rodney told how everyone died and that he gave up his whole life to fix the past - it was so heroic, maybe even too stressed, enjoyable but.. to look back, was it just a story telling episode? They made us realize that the future is going to be so so bad. Haven't they done it already? So, I would say - the storyline itself was not too original.

And when Sheppard gets back - and after that.. it was exciting, yes.. and nerve wrecking but something was missing and the way it ended - it was surprising.. but the visual side of the building collapsing. They have done much better effects and that one looked somehow.. fake.. so.. I did like Sheppard on future and the humor that holo-McKay had.. but.. something was mission on this episode that would had made this a great season ending.
  • Future Imperfect

I enjoyed this episode! It was fun to see how things could have turned out - pretty bad for the team and the Pegasus Galaxy. Carter, Teyla, Ronon (and Todd), and Keller all die. Here are a few thoughts:

Mr. Woolsey as commander - a preview of what's to come in season five!

Nice to see Jeannie - even for just a moment!

General Lorne - woohoo!

McKay and Keller - not bad.

They didn't mention if Beckett Clone ever got revived - probably not then.

Sheppard asking about sports - reminds me of O'Neill in 2010(?)

About McKay changing his past (not Sheppard's) - well, I don't feel like commenting on that!

This was a nice way to conclude the season and head into season five!
  • Great Season finale and I can't wait for the start of Season 5

I loved each of the character stories. As with any show that has someone get a "glimpse" of the future they know why it is so bad and what needs to be done to change the future. I think there could of been more to Sheppard's part of being in the future. The part with Woolsey is obviously a preview of what to expect from how he'll be before developing and growing a bond with Sheppard and the team. There are some who disagree with me on this but I hope Mckay and Keller still get together! Roll on Season 5!
  • Great idea, showing what can happen if Michael succeeds in his plans, and a nice cliff-hanger, but would have been nicer as a 2-hour episode.

After searching for Teyla, after she had been taken by Michael in the previous episode, Sheppard finds himself over 4000 years in the future, and needs to find a way back to his time. In order to do this, he'll need the help of a hologram of an older McKay.

A big part of the episode was McKay telling Sheppard what has happened since he was gone. He talks about what happened with Teyla, Michael's plans, Samantha Carter, Ronon, and himself. I thought that this part of the episode was very interesting and well done. Each of the stories that were told were great. However, I thought that it would have been better if they made the episode a 2-hour episode, and really explored what was being told in much greater depth. Michael's reign of terror, Samantha Carter's adventures on her new ship, and Ronon's fight against michael, along with his final mission where he teams up with Todd, while great, could have been even better if they actually showed them in much more depth. I thought that the story with McKay was fine how it was, although they could have gone into a little more detail about the changes on Atlantis before he left.

The part on Atlantis, where Sheppard is trying to get home was OK, but really was just a way to hold everything together. Outside of the part when Sheppard has to go outside in a sand storm, there was nothing really all that interesting about it. However, at the end of the episode, when he does get home and tries to save Teyla, it did get interesting. I thought that the twist at the end was a nice set-up for the next episode in the 5th season.

Overall, this was a great episode, but could have used a bit more depth in the different stories.
  • I can't believe they finished another episode on a clifhanger

So here we are at the end of another season and yet again they had to finish it on a cliffhanger.

They managed not to end the main arc story of the whole season so we'll have to be back yet again to find out what happens. And I really hope they conclude this arc as the main villain (Michael) is getting a bit repetitive.

Otherwise it was another time travel story with the only notable thing being they weren't brave enough to tell us what happened to humanity - only the SG crew.

They did tell us all the things that can go wrong next season I suppose so if anything it was an OK build up for next season, but not much else.
  • Good idea for story but quite a bit too irrealistic!

I still could imagine that John traveled 48000 years torwards the future. I still could imagine that McKay was able to find a way to create a hologram; however, having this hologram acting like the real McKay is more than silly! It just does not fit in the whole story! Since the beginning of season 4 I am really missing some thinking behind the stories! Everything has to blow up, everyone has to be killed just to find another way to let him reappear! How much more of these 'come back to life' episodes will we have to go through?
    Well, I am getting lost instead of focusing on the last episode! Fine, John went to the future, he met McKay as hologram and this McKay sent him back to the present - that's it! I am not sure why people act like this is an amazing season finale - I find it odd! Time that Brad Wright goes back to the writing table!
  • Definately the best episode yet

this episode was just amazing.. they killed off everyone everywhere. very well written and had me into it the whole time. Mckay is definately pure genius. only he would come up with something like that.. i wish they wouldve explained how atlantis got where it was or how it didnt fall into michaels hands but either way this episode was great..
< 1 2