Stargate Atlantis

The Prodigal

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Nov 07, 2008 on Syfy

• A good episode but a few plot holes

Now; I do love this show and really wish they weren't canceling it, but there are a few things I just don't get with this episode. The return of Michael and how it was done was very cool. I'd say they're milking the stun grenade/stick deal a bit; Todd just pulled the same in First Contact.
    What my problem is; if you plan to blow all of Atlantis up anyway, why not just kill everyone to begin with? The stun grenade could've been set to kill and a lot of their problems would've been solved. It could've been remedied by just having the group stunned, not moved and disarmed. Perhaps something to do with a time constraint, have Woolsey and Ronin separated by the "Stun bubble". Instead Michael's people took the time to relocate them, just so they could die later
    when the self-destruct was armed. Why not just kill them where they fell. Other than the show needing it's characters that is.
    Ultimately the battle with Shephard and Michael on the Tower and Teyla's factoring into it was cool. Though I know I'd have a team searching for a body until it was found.