Stargate Atlantis

The Return (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 22, 2006 on Syfy

• See Summary

The Return was the 1st part of a midseason 2 part story. Upon the Daedelus the Atlantis Team along with SG command have built a bridge of Stargates through the void between galaxies to minimize travel time. During the initial test McKay picks up what is revealed to be an Ancient War ship headed towards Earth at a relatively slow pace. The Daedelus makes contact, finds living Ancients on board, and delivers them back to Atlantis only for them to kick everyone out, politely of course. Back on Earth we see how people try to move on with their lives. The Replicators apparently overrode their base code preventing them from attacking the Atlanteans, and they now control Atlantis. Sheppard, McKay, Beckett, and Weir travel back to Pegasus at great risk against General Landry's orders. Great episode and can't wait to see what happens next. I was surprised that the Atlantis team didn't request more proof that the Ancients were who they said they were before handing the city over to them. Guess we will see!!!!