Stargate Atlantis

The Seer

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Nov 16, 2007 on Syfy

• Nice Episode

I chose revealing just as a tribute to the Seer!

But I did like this episode a lot, though not exactly sure of all the reasons why. Maybe when I watch again I'll know. Here are some random thoughts:

1. I don't think I would like to be the Seer. I'd rather be the guy on Early Edition that gets to change the events, although that could be too heavy of a burden to bear. And Rodney, after everything that's happened on Sg1 and Atlantis, you think it's impossible for someone to have this ability?

2. Carter definitely established her leadership role in this episode, which was nice to see. But I also liked what Sheppard said about too much information affecting decision.

3. Moral dilemma regarding whether to deactivate replicator attack command. Tough choice. But I wonder...if you turn that off, in addition to the wraith problem again, wouldn't the replicators then just proceed to be a problem for Atlantis again (if/when they find it)? Better idea is to put a directive telling them to leave all humans alone - anywhere in the galaxy!

4. Good old Mr. Woolsey - I'm sure everyone's glad he's back! By the way, who are his superiors? Maybe just the leaders of the nations that are represented in the IOA? I doubt if he has the authority to give commands on the base, like when he tried to order Sheppard to fire. I compare him to someone on the board of directors of a company and who can't give orders directly to employees like the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - that's the job of the CEO. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, nice episode!