Stargate Atlantis

The Shrine

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 22, 2008 on Syfy

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• McKay starts to lose his memory and his brain has changed to that of a young child. You must see the scene where McKay wakes Sheppard in the middle of the night and they go out on a pier. It is truly amazing.

This episode was truly great for so many differnt reasons. First I want to say that I thought all the actors did an exceptional job, especially David Hewitt. Next I want to say that this epside contains my favorite scene from Stargate Atlantis ever. Mackay waking Sheppard up in the middle of the night, scared. Sheppard reacting the way he did (how could you ask for a better friend?), and then of course the pier. With that joke at the end - it was priceless. Purely Priceless. I couldn't have asked for a better scene with better actors if I tried. Now, I still gave this episode a ten, even though there was one small thing I don't like. McKay's admission that he loves Keller. I could never see them together and still can't. And I don't want to see them together. I'm hoping it was a version of the softer, kinder Mckay because of the bug, and not the true Rodney speaking. Though I do have to say, Keller became more of a not great character in this episode by not wanting MacKay to go to the planet, but I liked her better because she didn't whine as much. But overall one of the best Atlantis episodes to date (the second best being the first one of this season - which is turning out to be the best, yet). And that moment with Sheppard and McKay - I will never forget it.
1 2 >