Stargate Atlantis

The Shrine

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 22, 2008 on Syfy

• Seriously SciFi, what on earth are you thinking?? After an absolutely superb episode like this it's a massive shame that they are putting Atlantis out to pasture. David Hewlett was nothing short of stupendous. Probably the best ep of this show so f

A much more emotional side to SG:A than I have ever seen before. David Hewlett seriously deserves some recognition for his tremendous work here. The scenes with Sheppard and McKay were outstanding, especially McKay's "You're a good friend Arthur" comment.
    It was nice to take a break from the Wraith / Replicator storylines and just tell a story all about the characters and their relationships.
    The only minor negative was Keller's brain surgery with a scalpel and a power drill, but that aside what a brilliant brilliant show.
    I'm glad we've gotten 5 great seasons of this show but after an episode as brilliant as this it really makes you wonder exactly why they are ending it.........