Stargate Atlantis

The Shrine

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 22, 2008 on Syfy

• David Hewlett should be nominated for an Emmy

This is my first review on TV.com and after watching this episode recently, I had to write. I was simply blown away with David Hewlett's (Rodney McKay) performance. This is one hardworking actor who plays the role great but in this episode he pushed it further. He should be nominated for an Emmy. Perhaps this will allow the suits upstairs re-think to keep the series running longer instead of pursuing the money making DVD movie method. However, there was one part of the story I didn't like and this was explained well with another reviewer (spaize) on here:

-"I've been meaning to tell you this for some time ... I love you." WHAT? He was going to propose to Dr. Katie Brown midway through last season. It was sort of a big deal. Now it's like Brown never existed and he suddenly loves someone else? Let's stop trying to create love interests to appeal to sappy romantics. This is Stargate, not Grey's Anatomy

I totally agree with his statement. It seems the writers are now rushing to wrap loose storylines up. Which is the reason I gave it a 9 out of 10 instead of a perfect 10.

With this being the last season, lets go out with a bang and not on a sorrow note.