Stargate Atlantis

The Shrine

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 22, 2008 on Syfy

• I have been watching this show since it's premiere and SG-1 prior to that. This is, without a doubt, one of the best of the best I've seen.

David Hewlett should win an Emmy for this episode. I've been watching Sci Fi for about 45 years, since George Reeves was Superman in the 50s. I've not been moved to tears very often but this one got to me. I can't say much more than that about the quality of this episode. Congratulations David for a perfect portrayal of a man losing his mind, and totally aware of the progress. The development of character in this show is remarkable. I HATED Rodney McKay as the stuck up horse's backside he portrayed for years in SG-1. I considered his character as a man with no redeeming values. That he has totally reversed my opinion of this character is a tribute to the writing, direction, and fantastic acting this show has brought to the world of Science Fiction. Keep up the marvelous work all involved in this show. You are the bright spot of my tv viewing every week.