Stargate Atlantis

The Shrine

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 22, 2008 on Syfy

• Buddy

This episode was so good and so heartbreaking. The way Sheppard says the word, "Buddy," is so sad. It all sounds so genuine. Like he really cares so much about Rodney. I can't even describe how it makes me feel. Now, every time someone says the word buddy on any show, I get this lump in my chest. I want to cry. This episode literally got me to like Sheppard's character. I actually appreciate him more in all the episodes I've ever seen. Also when Rodney says Ronan Dex with that accent on the "Dex". It makes me smile with sarrow. And of coarse when he says John. It brings tears to my eyes. Then there's the part when they're in the infermary and John gives Rodney this look. He's got a tear in his eye, and he's just looking at Rodney in this pitying way. His arrangement friend has been reduced to this mush mouthed pitiful child.
    On a second note, this episode was practically made for me. I have this odd obsession with mental illness. Physical too, but mental when I can get it. When I start a new show, I actually read through the episode guide to look for any episodes with mental illness. I am in love with this episode.
    It doesn't hurt that Rodney is my favorite character on the show.