Stargate Atlantis

Travelers

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 26, 2007 on Syfy

• Sheppard gets captured by a group of people called Travelers and has to find a way to escape.

I was really looking forward to this episode. The introduction of new bad guys and a guest appearance of Jill Wagner. What more could you want. I must say the episode left me wanting. Jill Wagner was her usual charming self and the scènes between Larrin and Sheppard were quite funny. But I have an overall problem with the baddies from Atlantis. The Wraith are just life-sucking aliens who are pissed off they all woke up at the same time. There isn't much more to them and they are so onne dimensional. The Asurans are a bit more interesting. Their history with the ancients and their current war against the (very tiresome) wraith make them an interesting advercary. But I got a problem with baddies that don't really have a reason to mess with our people at Atlantis. The Genii and the Atlantisexpedition want the same thing. If they were smart they would work together but for some stupid reason they'd rather be a pain in the ass. The same counts for the so called Travelers. I understand that they didn't want to trust Sheppard at first but they could have questioned him instead of capturing him and being hostile. If they would have thought about it they would have what they want and more. Because Atlantis would have helped them with the technology and they would have gained a strong alliance in the war against the wraith. But they will probably make some kind of stupid move in a future episode and try and take Atlantis. But why the trouble. They all want the same thing. Why not work together. Or at least give them another purpose to be bad, a real purpose. The Wraith are hungry, The Ori need to be worshipped, hell even the reitu have a purpose. They don't wanna be so ugly. I hope I am wrong about our new baddies. And I also hope Atlantis will get a bit better. I am still loving it but I expected more if the season so far.