Stargate Atlantis

Trinity

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 19, 2005 on Syfy

• Doctor McKay is convinced he is smarter than the Ancients and can solve a problem that killed a whole society in a few days when the Ancients never could solve it. Ronon goes with Teyla on a trade mission and discovers people of his kind still alive.

So Rodney's ego at its best. (worst) He manages to destroy basically a whole solar system including an inhabitable planet and kills one of his own scientists as well. Not only that but he risks the lives of the head of security and himself in the process. I think his ego is writing checks he can't cash!

I really hope we see a change in the response to McKay's insistence at least in the foreseeable future from both Weir and Sheppard. He does solve a lot of problems but half the times it is to get out of bad situations he has caused himself. We'll see what happens.

Now on to Ronon. What was with that? Pulling a knife in a peaceful negotiation? Especially when it didn't involve him personally and he was a guest in the meeting. I think Teyla was awfully civilized with him for that. Then he goes and kills one of the few surviving people from his home planet (I do understand that based on the story.) by manipulating Teyla again to get what he wants. This guy cannot be trusted and I wouldn't any farther than I could throw him. He's now got two strikes against him and I think Teyla really needs to at least let Sheppard in on what happened before he pulls something like this on the team.

Not one of Stargate Atlantis better efforts. Both main stories were a little weak and neither really shined as a lead storyline the way they were played out. The flight sequences in the debris field were spectacular and the special effects were terrific so I give the show some credit for that and the entertainment level. Hopefully they will avoid episodes like this one and the last in the near future if they repeat them. Thanks for reading...