Stargate Atlantis

Trio

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 08, 2008 on Syfy

• So boring I almost didn't finish watching...

1.3
    I've been extremely disappointed with Atlantis this season, and this episode is the perfect example of why.

a) Carter's character has lost all of her spunk and intelligence, etc. When she was on SG-1, she solved much more difficult and painful problems than the one presented in this episode (figuring out how to climb out of a hole in the ground), but suddenly she's always asking McKay what to do, and comes across very bland and dull.

b) Bland and dull really are the words I would use to describe this episode (and so many others this season). For one thing, just a few weeks ago we had an episode involving being trapped in a small space and trying to figure out a way out. Additionally, this was just plain boring, with less than thrilling dialogue. If there are many more episodes where the majority of time is taken up with trivialities like the whole "Clooney or Pitt" discussion, I may actually stop watching, unfortunately. I realize that these discussions were probably intended as "character development", but in my opinion, they're developing the characters to resemble silly teenage girls. I half expected a game of Truth or Dare or MASH to come up next. So, in summary, very disappointing, from a series I used to love.