Stargate Atlantis

Trio

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 08, 2008 on Syfy

• A lot of people didn't like this episode, and I'm sure I'll get a couple of users diagreeing with my review but I thought it was very good.

I was apprehensive about this episode, but it was very nice giving Carter and Keller some screen time. I know Carter had 10 years on SG-1, I've been watching Stargate since Children of the Gods, but since coming over to Atlantis she really has taken a back seat. It was also nice to have a break from Sheppard, Teyla and ROnon. I like them, I really do, but Sheppard has taken centre stage for most of this season, so it's nice ot have an episode or two where he hardly appears, let alone has a small impact.

Rodney was good, especially with the rope scene and him struggling to hold on while his hands were bleeding. It was nice to see a side of his character we do not really get to see. And the ending of the relationship with Katie Brown was also handy because I did not really like her character. The scene with Rodney and Keller at the end was also nice because he just didn't have a clue what was going on.

People can complain about this episode, about the complete lack of an appearance of a Stargate, the lack of space battles, the lack of Sheppard and Ronon etc., and the focus on Keller, but at the end of the day the show is about several characters, and if a space ship and a stargate play a big role in every episode then it lessens the effect of space ships and stargate as a whole.

I think that this episode was very good. Not the best this season, but still brilliant.