Stargate Atlantis

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 02, 2009 on Syfy

• An earthbound SGA episode that was only slightly scifi.

I normally hate alternate reality episodes because they are always dark and creepy. I'm not into the evil twin - eat your gramma for dinner genre. I even considered not watching this episode because I feared it was going to just like the others. Thank god it wasn't! In fact, it was probably one of the best SGA earthbased episodes I've seen. Life on earth was very real. Detective John Sheppard came off as a normal guy with his quirky humor intact. McKay was the evil twin, but in an okay sort of way. I'm not into the McKay-Keller relationship in any reality ... so too bad the writers didn't take the opportunity to finally acknowledge the McShep relationship ...I mean .. geez, McKay called Sheppard out on it!!! Go the distance - it's not like people are going to get mad - you got cancelled anyway!! The firebird with the ripped headliner, am radio and the oversized tires was the perfect vehicle for Sheppard!!! Any other vehicle would have ruined it. Todd calling out Sheppard from the cage was a nice touch. I still wonder if Wraith every need to use the bathroom, but I guess that will remain one of the seven billion wonders of the world. This episode could have easily been the last episode in a more believable way than ST: Enterprise dorky try. A down and out John Sheppard taking out the bad guy only to face his final fate in the desert alone .... with riches just at his fingertips is the classic dream. It still amazes me that the Scifi channel cancelled this show! ER can tell the same story for 11-some years on NBC and never get cancelled ... SGA tells a fresh new story that's fun every week and gets the axe? So much for the ad campaign that says SGA is the best show on SciFi ... apparently TPTB weren't listening.