Stargate Atlantis

Vegas

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 02, 2009 on Syfy

7.8
  • Somehow, Stargate Atlantis throw off the shackles in excellent form to bring us an incredible and well thought out episode.

Wow. I'm shocked. While I was initially peeved that SGA would end on an earth episode (which I've never really enjoyed in Atlantis) my mind was soon free of all worries.

And similarly, the CSI style of the episode led me to believe that this was a terrible move... until it got to it's heart. Yes, the 'metal' riffs may have been odd for the show, the characters were so far from what we know, the world so different... but that's what makes a great sci-fi classic. Taking something you know very well, and shaking it up, leaving you dazed and amazed.

Clearly, I can understand the overall confusion and low scoring. But on the other hand, what did you expect? Stargate is great, but when it comes down to it, very predictable. Explosions, guns, space fights, minor witty humour. Repeat.

This then, is an utter triumph. The best episode SGA has produced all season (and theres been some damn good ones). Here's hoping I can say the same about episode 100.