Stargate Atlantis

Vegas

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 02, 2009 on Syfy

7.8
  • Sadly, just a careless spindown to get a bridge to the final episode!

Initially, 3 words come to mind: What a waste!
    What a waste of my time! What a waste of script writing, actors (who really could have performed better) and other resources!

There is so much to complain about in this particular episode that I just don't know where to start! What a crap!

Well,
    It is almost not worth it to dig deeper into it. Below are only some thoughts:

Cloning the style of CSI must have been an 'exciting' idea for the writers; however, if I want to see CSI, I just turn on the correct channel – this is not why I watch SGA! Somehow I should be thankful for the cancelation of the show. Who knows, if in a later alternate reality show we might not have a SIMPSONS clone.

And where we just are at this topic: again we are dealing with an alternate reality! What happened to the core idea of the show? Atlantis, the amazing city and the stargate? How many episodes really dealt with this since the end of season 3? I still remember that there was not even 30% of this amazing city explored; however, since season 4 there was not much more than 'character killing' and artificially trying to bring them back to life or replacing them entirely with someone worse!

While watching this episode, I got an entire different idea about the WRAITH too. It seems that this wraiths are a caring species with social values rather than the life-sucking monster the writers of SGA intended it to be. I have no other explanation why else the particular wraith in this episode would worry about his brothers in an alternate reality, … worrying so much that he is willing to give up his own life to transmit the coordinates of this alternate earth …

Alternate realities are tricky!
    This wraith could not have possibly known if in the reality, he was going to transmit earth's location to, earth – or the wraith as race for that matter – would even exist! In addition, even if it would exist, there is always the possibility that the wraith in the alternate reality would be different (maybe good guys) or on a different step of evolution. In addition, earth might have been without humans or not even exist at all … - well, I guess you got my point! So, why did this wraith transmit to an alternate reality rather than broadcasting to his own kind in this reality?

Just sad how artificial and careless this episode has been written down just to have a bridge to the final one! During the entire seasons 4 and 5 I was hoping that the old spirit of SGA would come back after the makers got their characters replaced; sadly, it never happened! No more strange things happened, no more exploring the city and the stargate itself was barely to see in any of the episodes …

I guess I am done!