Stargate Atlantis

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 02, 2009 on Syfy

• alternate reality done a different way

i suppose if you are going to do an episode that has touches of csi about it you have to do it in vegas. then there is the alternate reality angle. i think i safe in saying that in all the stargate sg1 and atlantis episodes that an alternate reality storyline has never been done where there are no characters from the original reality crossing over and having to get home. the storyline was good, to me there was no weak points, and watching sheppard die brought forward the realisation that the next episode will be the last ever so in way we will be losing him twice in 2 episode's. the main difference for me to any other stargate episode was the inclusion of music there have been very few others that come to mind 1969 being one and the fragile balance when jack is cloned and is a teenager, and affinity where teal'c is living off base.but these are just 10-15 snippets whereas the tunes in vegas are quite major,from marilyn manson, the stones, and johnny cash and the times they came in the episode made it manson for the menacing wraith and johnny cash for the loner sheppard at the end. all round a cracking episode.