Stargate Atlantis

Vegas

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 02, 2009 on Syfy

7.8
  • Wow I'm surprised more people didn't like this one-off take on the Stargate Atlantis characters and universe. Robert C. Cooper rocked the house with this one. I loved it.

Granted, I don't generally consider myself a SG-Atlantis fan. I find most of the writing to be generally poor and predicatable. However, I am a big fan of Robert C. Cooper former SG-1 writer who wrote and directed what I thought was a fantastic ep with Vegas. People are also judgeing this ep without even seeing the impact it might have on the finale. But back to Robert C. Cooper -- I have always felt him one of the strongest SG-1 writers right up there with Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner. He did a great job with the Ark of Truth movie as well as the SG-1 finale. I guess some people don't like his style, but I felt in this ep he made great use of the music and a style fitting perfectly with the Vegas setting. Very flashy. My friends loved it too. Atlantis has desperately needed a fresh overhaul and even if for one ep, I think this one achieved it in a very cool way. I don't want to spoil the plot for anyone who hasn't seen it yet - but I have to mention the awesome inclusion of the actors who played Phil Leotardo and Bobby Bacalla from The Sopranos!! (and was that Todd Brunson at the table too?) That scene was hilarious. Anyways, great ep - thanks Mr. Cooper for a fresh look at some cool characters and for helping take the series out on what I consider to be a very high note.