Stargate Atlantis

Whispers

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 05, 2008 on Syfy

• An average episode that's saved from being a total flop only by the generous amount of Sheppard coverage.

This episode really didn't grab me. They always went somewhere, leaving two of their troup behind and one of them got kidnapped. Over and over again. It got repetitive and boring pretty quickly.

There was only Sheppard/Joe Flanigan in this episode because the others were filming Tracker at the same time. And so TPTB cleverly used Carson/Paul McGillion to give his fans a very Carson centric episode. I'm not a fan of his so it left me feeling kind of meh. But at least we got a lot of Sheppard scenes, though his "oh, you are a girl" attitude was so out of character that it bothered me a lot - Sheppard never minded working with women so this came totally out of left field.

The other saving grace besides John Sheppard was Christina Cox aka Major Teldy. I'm happy that she survived and if the series wasn't canceled, I would have been happy to see her again. Though Vega's death surprised me lot since she was the one girl on the team that we knew.

So yeah, better than Irresponsible but still a bit boring.