Stargate Atlantis

Whispers

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 05, 2008 on Syfy

• John Sheppard and Dr. Beckett find themselves on a planet where an experimental station was set up by Michael. They soon discover that most of the test subjects were put in stasis chambers because the experiments went wrong.

When I first heard about the all-girl team, I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it but they totally kicked ass. I love Christina Cox and Nicole De Boer so that was definitely a bonus. They are both sci-fi veterans and were perfect for their respective roles. And even though most of the regular Atlantis team was absent, my two favourite men were there so I had absolutely nothing to complain about!

I have to admit though that I don't usually like zombie movies and/or TV episodes but this was done in such a way that it never went overboard. At no time was the team confronted with hundreds of zombies and I think it was a wise move on the writers part. Also, the suspense was very well maintained and it wasn't predictable. Honestly, I kept thinking through the entire episode that Sargent Mehra ("Dusty") was going to be the "Red Shirt" and get hacked simply because she was so cocky but it never happened.

And curiously enough, I thought the "High Five" that John and Carson gave each other after realizing they were with an all-girl team was totally cute! Yeah, it was a little macho to a certain extent but it made it all the more real. I'm sure some women out there thought it was inappropriate but I thought it was simply a natural and spontaneous gesture.