Stargate SG-1

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 18, 2006 on Syfy

• They're going on their 200th trip through the Stargate and Martin Lloyd from Wormhole Extreme returns and seeks help with a movie script. SG-1 have to help him as a cover story for the Stargate program.

I was excited when I heard that the show had reached it's 200th episode (Stargate SG1 is the longest running Sci-Fi series in the whole wide world!! Awesome!), but was a bit sad to read that they decided to take up episode 100; Wormhole Extreme.. To be honest, that's one of the few episodes in the Stargte Series I didn't like that much.. Hopefully, a guest-starring by Richard Dean Anderson will make my day! And it sounds like they're doing something slightly different now, that it's a movie the Pentagon orders the SG1 to assist with. Looking forward to see it, but I'm also a bit nervous, but I hope for the best.. The team behind the show has delivered awesome stuff throughout X seasons, so I guess there's nothing to worry about.

Go stargate!
  • Sight Unseen - my review of all the reviews!

While this is indeed a special episode - 200 episodes of any show is special enough in this day and age of quickly cancelled tv series, but for a sci-fi show to maintain this long is almost rare!

Doctor Who is, was, and will be, the longest running sci-fi show in the world for years to come - even with different actors playing The Dcotor, the show ran from 1963 until the mid 1990\'s! So SG1 has a long way to go to beat The Doctor!

Shame on the reviewer who hasn\'t seen the episode but is blasting it beforehand - wait and see - it will be a silly episode, but it beats the Ori storyllines of lately.

Any chance of seeing Ben and Claudia interact on the Enterprise is going to be a laugh riot!
  • They rest firmly in the reality of there mind for the majority of this episode. honestly I love this sub storyline and I can not wait for the 300th episode to see what they will do next with it.

They continued WormHole Xtream, the spoof of Stargate. honestly I do not understand how people can not like this episode, or this type of expisode. By this I mean alot of series take themselves so seriously they selfdistruct, it happened to Star Trek and Andromida. This type of expisode needs to be encuraged, not shuned, and honestly these fun spells have gotta be the best episodes you can find for none streamline storeline episodes. anyways, the problems i have with this is that I personally feel they should have made more jokes about Teal'c's hair... i mean comeon its gotta be made fun of more in these type of episodes.
  • Some of it was good, some OK, and some was just plain painful to watch

4.8
    I suppose I should have expected something like this when the SciFi Inside special immediately preceding the original showing had one of the head honchos saying that this episode would end the debate about when Stargate: SG-1 jumped the shark, implying that when they made this episode, they were TRYING to jump the shark! The Wizard of Oz bit was bleah, the puppet show had me rubbing my forehead trying to soothe away the pain(I can't believe it didn't end with the commercial break but kept going a bit longer) and I think I've completely blocked out some other sequences in order to retain my sanity.

At least we finally got to see the Furlings, although it was rather sad their planet got blown up almost immediately. Fortunately it was just an imaginary sequence, though with a name like the Furlings I guess we should've expected them to look like Ewoks.
  • Martin Lloyd from Wormhole X-Treme uses SG1 to help him create his movie.

What else can I say? I'm speechless from the humor and the acting. I love everything about this episode.

Wizard of Oz: Just seeing Beau Bridges play the wizard had me rolling. Although what is the point of having Daniel as the lion?

Star Trek spoof: I can see each of whose characters they were trying to be. Mitchell was Kirk, Teal'c was Worf, Daniel was Bones/Spock (weird!), and Carter was Data in an even weirder way.

Dawson's Gate: Loved it. I never realized until it was spoofed by SG1 how silly these Fox/WB teen melodramas can be.

The best was Farscape. I knew it was coming but where it was in the story was perfect, especially with Vala (or Aeryn!) introducing it.

But, overall, I know they wanted to do something funny and off the wall. They did that. They've had plenty of serious shows the whole 10 years to allow them this ONE of TWO episodes to let loose. It was great. I really hope they make it to 300!

• The 200th episode of the show!! I would give it an 11 if I could!!

In the 200th episode of the hit Sci-Fi show, SG-1, I just could not stop laughing! This is the BEST episode out of the entire series. 2nd would be Urgo and 3rd would be Wormhole X-Treme. But this would of course be the 1st. Even my friend who hasn\'t even watched the show before though that it was hilarious. I loved all of the different stories that the members of SG-1 made up.
    Mitchell - Zombies
    Teal\'C - \"Teal\'C P.I.\"
    Vala - Wizard of Oz
    And then all of the stories that Marty came up with.
    # 1 - Replicaters
    # 2 - Star Trek
    # 3 - Teenage SG-1
    # 4 - Puppet Version
    And then the ending of the episode was just like Wormhole X-Treme. In all it was just the funniest episode ever.
  • I have never laughed so hard in a long time.

People who say this episode jumped the shark - they intentionally made it this screwball and off for a reason: to have FUN. This episode held no punches whatsoever when it came to making parodies of anything and everything, and when Vala pitched to Martin "something obscure" and totally made a rip of "Farscape (which bothClaudia Black and Ben Browder both starred in) made me howl in laughter, so bad it hurt.

It makes me wonder what they will do when episode 250 and 300 hit. None of the other Sci-Fi shows that I am a fan of has done anything like this, which puts Stargate right up there.
  • Stargate is one of those rare shows that never fails to give us a special episode

Im having trouble finding the words to begin!... I consider myself a huge science fiction fan, so when I heard that Stargate SG-1 made it to 200 episodes of course I freaked out! Again the show is record demolishing, and even though we're into season 10 the cast and writers have not lost what made the show fantstic since the pilot. This special occation also marks the return of Richard Dean Anderson (who left to raise his daughter) as Major General Jack O'Neill and one other former cast member which was a spendid surprise although I wouldve liked to have seen more of him since its been a while. That a side the plot was just an ingenious way for the cast to celebrate the monumentous achievment. Martin comes back to the SGC and asks SG-1 to look over the script for "Wormhole X: The Movie", and the idea's pitched by the team were nothing short of hilarious. The writers even gave a nod to other fan fav's like Star Trek, Farscape, and Firefly (am I the only one that caught the Firefly reference?). Without a doubt this episode was just fun to watch.
  • An Ode to Sci-fi and it's fans. 200!

Wow! I LOVED this episode. It kept me laughing the whole time. I loved the cracks about the Furlings, Star trek, the Wizard of Oz, and Farscape. The puppets were a little creepy, but they kept me laughing.

Basiclly, Landry asks SG-1 to help Matin (from the 100the episode "Wormhole X-treme") with his movie that is based on the Stargate, to make sure that the public will just see it as a Sci-Fi movie and not think that the Stargate is actually real. But this day also marks MItchell's 200th step through the gate. The team is held up to help Martin out with his movie.

Some jokes in paticular that I liked were the 1969 mission joke, the crack about the 10 second title sequence, the furlings, the part where Jack comes in, how many times Teal'c says "Indeed", how Sam always talks in her scienc babble, the WEDDING, the puppets, Teal'c P.I., the end sequence with the fictional series "Wormhole X-treme" completing it's 200th episode, and SO much more about all of the characters and a lot of different cliche's(sp?). The show has always been funny, but not like this. (Oh and I also like the joke about how Siler gets zapped by the electricity coming from the gate! )

I really like Jack's entrance. Marty wants something they'll never expect and wise ol' Jack says "something like this?" To which they reply- (Daniel) That'll be in the spoilers. (Sam) Are you kidding? It'll be in the comercial." (Which it was.)

In the end, we get to see Jack, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c walk first into the gate together (just how it used to be...the original team) followed by Mitchell, Valla, Gen. Landry, and Walter. And what was that I heard about cake on the other side of the gate? :D

It really was an episode that was "for the fans." All of the inside jokes made me think- I bet any non sci-fi fans and people who are unfamilier with the SG-1 series who were watching were thinking "what the heck is this?" There were SO many inside jokes. This show will definatley get a lot of people chatting...there are just so many hilarious references to other Sci-Fi favorites and it really just pokes a lot of fun at the series. It was really fun and full of jokes about Sci-Fi cliches(sp?). I loved it!

A BIG congrats to Stargate Sg-1 for 10 succesful years and 200 WONDERFUL episodes. I hope to see a 300th, 400th, ect. The possibilities are endless. This has always been and will always be my favorite show!
  • This is why it lasted 10 years.

This time we got a great show, full of humour, excitement and sarcasm.
    I can say that lots of money, care and love went into this 200 episode, and it gave us all the works, indeed.
    To recreate so many sets for a 40 minutes show must have been a pain, but it was worthy, trust me.
    The special appearance of Richard Dean Anderson was also great, he couldn\\\'t miss this one and he delivered. The ode to all other shows was also great, I couldn\\\'t stop laughing in the Star Trek or in the Farscape parts.
    Would we get a 300 episode special in the future, well, I sure hope so.
    Well done guys, from a SG-1 fan...

Cheers,

Hermond.
  • A bit boring, sometimes funny, but they could have made more out of this.

This was not my favorite. I like the thing with the puppets and had a laugh but I think the end was not good and I don't like the thing with the alternate show. I think they could have made this episode a bit more special by really going on a mission but still make the mission a bit funny and not so serious as normal.
    I would have liked to see some aliens involved arranging some kind of party for the humans. Like the movie "The Game". Go on a mission, everything seems bad and normal episode, then they end up partying with all the aliens who pre-organised their mission. Also explaining how they made that mission.

Ah well, I can go on for ages with this...

In the end there are two camps, one who really like it and one who are a bit disappointed.
  • HALARIOUS! i'm still recovering from the athsma attack i had from laughing so hard (joking)

By far, it certainly wasn't the best episode of the series. but i sure was the funniest! Although half the time you couldn't tell what was cannon and what wasn't. One of my favorite things was Vala's version of the Wizard of Oz, though i would have prefered if her version of Farscape was like the actual show, seeing that Ben and Claudia were both on it, and Daniel as Criton? That just didn't work out for me. Still, it did have it's moments, and the ideas they had really emphisize the comical side of the show. What i really hated is that the director/producer/whoever was in the interview said that we'd see the Furlings... i was hoping he ment actually, and not looking like the Ewoks of Star Wars. Overall, excelent jokes, but a bit of a let down in some parts.
  • A completely ridiculous episode... with a minute amount of humor which made it *almost* bearable to watch.

2.1
    OK, so Marty from Workhold Extreme comes back for help from members of SG-1 in reviewing and discussing his new movie based loosely on the characters from SG-1.

The entire premise is just based on flashbacks, possibilities, and dream sequences. This episode is just full of paradies of the show itself (how they re-cast a RDA clone), and so on. They parodied Star Trek: TOS, Thunderbirds and even made fun of Farscape (given two characters in SG-1 were on Farscape, it was mildly amusing).

Given the Orii threat and everything else going on in the current universe, this is the best they could come up with? This was very disappointing.

Just like Stargate: Atlantis' recent episode where Dr. Weir wakes up in a mental institution where they're trying to make her believe Atlantis is all in her head. This was already done in an episode of Star Trek: TNG.

COME ON, people! I love SG-1 and SG:A, but COME ON! I hope this is a sign that bigger and better things are to come and this is a comic interlude before some great episodes to come! Otherwise, Stargate: X will definitely become Stargate: EX!
  • Any show that reaches 200 episodes deserves praise.

This episode, while not to everyone\'s taste, brings to the forefront the humor which has always been an underlying current in the show. The ability to parodie onesself really shows a mastery of your subject and of your audience. Although some will call it silly and a break from character, the humerous elements infused in the \"normal\" episodes are truly present just as much as the sci-fi elements. After ten years SG-1 is still alive and one of MGM\'s strongest properties. I feel it is because of the humor not in spite of it that the show florishes. A hearty \"Well Done\' to the writing staff, cast and crew; This is why SG-1 is truly loved by it\'s die hard fans and has the ability to attract new ones. We know this show so well and follow the off screen series developments just as well as the plot twists and turns so that all of the jokes in this episode were truly funny. It msy not be why everyone watches; however, it\'s one of the major reasons I love this show and come back week after week to spend time in its universe. A truly special episode, much anticipated by its fans. I hope they never lose their sense of humor and I\'ll be here watching and waiting for their 300th episode.
  • This episode was pointless - it wasn't interesting, it didn't advance anything of the current season's storyline and it was also cringefully self-aware, trying to make fun of itself and missing the target. Ultimately, it should never have been made.

1.8
    I don't normally review Stargate episodes, but this one in particular just annoyed me quite substantially. Firstly, they bring back the dubious "Wormhole Xtreme" TV show, which is going to be made into a movie (yes, the reverse of real life, we get it) and we get an endless sequence of cringeful ideas for the TV show and not very clever spoofs of other sci-fi shows/movies.

They even end the episode with a load of inane "interviews" with the Wormhole Xtreme show cast and a load of beeped/blacked out swearing (what's the point of that - why shoot stuff like that when you know it has to be censored [I feel the same about The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - either he shouldn't swear or his swearing should be uncensored - not some half-way house that makes you think 'why bother?'].

To be honest, I think this is just the producers/writers so-called "smart" way of doing what's essentially a pointless filler show. In older days, they'd have a tiny thread of a "new" plot of an episode and then pad it with multiple clips of old episodes. Now, we get an unfunny attempt for SG-1 to send itself up and the horrible thing is that they did actually spend money on this (the "old clips" were actually new material!) and didn't have the excuse of saving money on the budget to fall back on.

Shame on Stargate SG-1 for this episode - one of the weakest in several years, IMHO.
  • Checking all seriousness at the door...get ready for self-mockery!

This is the kind of episode that is quite impossible to review, because the plot is merely a device for celebration of an unusual and amazing accomplishment. Considering how close the series has come to cancellation over the years (essentially, every season since the fifth season), who could have predicted that 200 episodes would be a possibility? And really, how else to celebrate, if not by tongue-in-cheek self-mockery?

Inevitably, there will be complaints. Some will complain that Jack should have been around more, or that Mitchell and Vala were still prominently in the episode. Those would be the fans who would have rather seen the series end than continue on with new characters. Of course, the writers and producers manage to make light of their own decision to keep going. Relatively few targets are left untouched, from the cast, writers, producers, and network. Even so, I’ve seen some who feel deeply insulted by the episode. It’s hard to understand why, and I would have to wonder if those fans missed the point.

A lot of the sketches are hit-or-miss, as one would expect when nearly every writer on the staff gets to play. For my part, I loved the “Thunderbirds/Team America” version of the team, complete with the biting mockery of the dialogue. By the time Daniel was scribbling all over the computer screen, I was laughing hysterically. The Star Trek and Farscape vignettes were also highly appreciated, and I loved the end of the episode, with the writers really giving it to the cast (and from what I hear, it was all taken in good fun).

If anything, I was sad to see it all come to an end. Some of the sketches could have been longer; I’d love to see the outtakes from this episode! From my perspective, the only way to make something so off-format work is to ground it heavily in the continuity (the excellent “Buffy” extravaganza “Once More, With Feeling”) or make it something completely stand-alone (the banner “X-Files” episode “Jose Chung’s ‘From Outer Space’”). “200” definitely falls into the latter category, and it does a nice job of it.

With this celebration out of the way, there’s every reason to believe that the season arc will return with a vengeance in the next episode. I look forward to it, since this has been one of the most consistent seasons of the series, in terms of plot arc progression, since the series began. When the episodes have strayed, the results have been mixed. This is the rare exception: a stand-alone that tries to be nothing but entertaining and celebratory. I feel that it more than met that goal, and I congratulate the cast, crew, and production staff on a banner achievement.

(As a sidenote: I also have a podcast associated with my various reviews called “Dispatches from Tuzenor”. Recent episodes cover the “Stargate SG-1”, so it might be something of interest. Go to http://entil2001.libsyn.com if you want to listen!)

• This episode was hilarious! The humor was totally tongue-in-cheek and nothing/nobody was left unscathed.

This episode was a tongue-in-cheek parody that slammed everything from the characters to other sci-fi shows to actors to hollywood in general. I thought it was very well written.

I'm sure those who have been keeping up with the SG-1 series and sci-fi, in general, would agree.

Almost every single line in the show was to set up or mock something or somebody else. I was laughing so hard people thought there was something wrong with me, but I understand and appreciate tongue-in-cheek humor and caught a lot of things most people would miss. It is an episode that you can watch over and over and see something new each time.

While there was nothing to promote or advance the series, it was nice break.
  • This episode was worse then the one before it.

I never seen an episode so badly made.What was that all about?Is the next episode going to be called \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Let`s be friends?\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\". I don`t understad what did the other guys who have seen the show are so exicited about...
    Bad this episode was really bad.What was it to laugh about i just don`t understand.I think the writers might have cellabrated sommething before they wrote this episode, or maybe smoked sommething. just hope this does not get worse and turns into Friends.Well nevermind good job for the rest of the show and i hope you will forgive me for my comment.
  • come on is this a sci fi show or comedy central

2.7
    sure some of the jokes were fun, the farscape and startrek pieces were oke, but it felt like a comedy clip show, a waste of a weeks work, jack o\'neall should return at a moment where everything is on the line, not in a acid trip by the writers

the puppet part was fun, hope next week we get sg 1 back
  • Not sure what to think of it. It's great this show can laugh about itself but the storyline was jumping around and nothing made really any sense. While funny at times ideas just seem patched together.

The 200ths episode of Stargate SG 1 – some thing special!
    To some this means action like never before - to other just doing something you normally wouldn't do in that show.

First I was taken aback. Nothing made sense. Ideas seem to be just patched one to the other none really finished. There was no real progression in the script if there was a script. Mostly I think I’m disgusted with this episode for how they wasted the idea of doing a blooper. It could have been cool if it would not jump around so much. As it was, I found it hard and painful to watch.
    However Stargate has always tried to be fun and you get the feeling those actors really love what they do.

It was nice seeing old faces like Jack and Marti back, but all in all I would have preferred an advance of the current plot and there an outstanding episode.

An extra Special that’s not part of the normal plot would have seen more right to me.

In the end I can not decide what to think. Should I hate it or love it? There seems little room for any other feeling.

Find out for yourselves!
  • Let wait for the next 200 eps...

I love this show, and I follow it since the begging... I\\\'m sure that all real 200 episodes fans loved this episode.

Starget SG-1 has been serious and funny all those years, but not this one, after 200 episodes they deserve to do everything they want, and they did it, did it all.

It was a great enterteinament to see on the screen all jokes that we talked all those years, scenes like Star Trek, the marriage, the puppets, or when all of them cross the ring are priceless, the production crew there was a big highlight such as Peter DeLouise.

All the conversations about the film story and how storywritters deal with impossible situation, are funny and I supose should be pretty near of real life. \\\"Never underestimate your audience...\\\" is my favorite line, and the production really believes in this statement.

As a fan I trully loved everything, was a perfect episode.
  • Disapointing... what was that all about? It was so boring, I couldnt focus or anything. If they continue like this, i dont think people will watch Stargate Sg1...

1.7
    Ive been watching Stargate since the beginning. Never missed any episodes. All the episodes were excitting and very interesting. This was the most silly episode i ever watched. Waited for it for 1 week and it was a shame. I do not think I will be able to watch again if the next episode is silly as this one.
    Im better off with stargate atlantis from now on... more interesting, better quality and FUN.
  • This, episode 200, is a sequel to the 100th episode. Like 100 this episode is a parody on the show, the sci-fi genre and television/move bussiness itself. It is not considerd to be taken seriously, but great fun for the real fan.

This piece of Stargate will be a classic episode. It makes fun of the the sci-fi genre and television/move bussiness like Wormhole X-treme does. But it makes a lot of fun of the Stargate show itself.

So, the episode might not meet the taste of a Stargate newbie or ocasianal Stargate viewer, but it is so much more to all the hardcore fans, who kept the show running for the ten seasons.

And the the episode finally shows, what so many fans have waited so long for: Walter going through the gate and the Sam/O\'Niel Wedding.

I get that many of this might not be seen as of value by those who just started to watch Stargate or want to see the plotline unfold, but this episode is so much bigger than that.

So, for me it was great, and if you are about to view this episode, then be aware, that it is a present to the fans and not an ordinary stargate episode. It\'s episode 200, and by watching it, you might get a glimpse of what it means to run a show for 10 years.
  • A typical filler type episode with no real function other than to see some old clips and get some good humour into the episode. the clip of the furlings was curious (giant koalas) and we all know that the furlings will be far from furry!

2.5
    A typical filler type episode with no real function other than to see some old clips and get some good humour into the episode. the clip of the furlings was curious (giant koalas) and we all know that the furlings will be far from furry! Great to see Jack O\'neil again if only for a few minutes. The episode was trying to show that the tv company makeing the fictitous show about the stargate was kind of helping the government hide the fact that there really was a stargate in order to create plausable deniabillity with conspiricy theories thrown open to a tv audience to make a big mockery of it all, If that has not confused you then it doesnt work!!!
  • Funny but not useful

7.9
    I dont like these off storyline shows. I realize it was a special 200th episode but it was not good enough to justify derailing the season and wasting an episode on this clip/fake clip show. I liked the "Jack likes being invisible" part, that was pure hilarity, when the dog is honking the horn and wanting the security guards to hurry up or when he was in the shower with Samantha, great stuff. The awkward Star Trek, Wizard of Oz and other parodies were not that funny or original. I liked the suggestion that Jack fathered the new guy when he time traveled to 1969, hope they expand on that in a later episode. Stick to the storyline, make special and air it on the same night if you want to be silly.
  • None of the classifications really explained this episode. Here's mine, "Just Plain Fun"

First off I need to bash the stupid idiots, who probably never watched Stargate from beginning to end, and wouldn't know what they were watching in this episode if they were told directly. I don't know how many of you watched the behind the scenes feature before the episode aired, but they explained right out of the gate that this was not connected in any way to the rest of the season or to any other arc for that matter. So, for those of you bashing it because it jumped the shark, or didn't bring anything new to the table, read the disclaimer. Also, to those idiots who called it a flashback episode, you are all wrong as well. There were no flashbacks what so ever in this episode that related to true events. None of the stories used were even remotely true. None of the missions that they spoke about really happened, except for 1969. I'm not bashing any of you for not knowing your Stargate, but at least have the decency to shut the hell up if you don't.

Now, let’s get to my review. I liked that they made an episode that indulged the "FANS" for the 200th. To see all the things we have wanted over 10 years be delivered to us was purely entertaining, and just plain fun, even if it was all just imagined, but that would have to be my biggest complaint though. The marriage of Jack and Sam crossed the line a little bit too much. The fans all desperately want this to happen, but we want it to really happen. So teasing us on this matter was probably a big mistake. The Farscape homage had me rolling, and the Furlings were awesome, but there wasn’t enough screen time with them. I know that most of you wouldn't find it humorous, especially if you are one of the latter mentioned. Most of the jokes took knowledge of Stargate's history to truly get. All in all I believe they did the "FANS" justice. Now let's get back to the Ori.
  • Mitchell eagerly awaits the next off-world mission. However, Martin Lloyd returns and seeks help with his movie script.

Well what can i say... This episoide was a SHOCKER!!! (meaning \"Nasty\") I realise that the writers cannot keep pushing the Ori story and must add a few fillers here and there.
    Even if there is a viewer that has not followed the sequence of episodes, watching a filler might help ease them into the series but this episode \"200\" did not do that in my mind.

If i was tuning into Stargate as a non ongoing viewer i would most likely judge the whole series on what i see in that episode and see it as amateur sci fi with weak characters, costumes etc and never watch it again.

I would never normally write a review on the episodes but this one was soooooo bad i just had to say something. I waited all week to see this and what an abysmal dissapointment.

I feel that the writers have let down the fans but mostly the actors and actresses as it damages their reputation by having to act out such a dim witted script. I know they did their best and actors of their calibre should not get retarded \"B\" grade script like this. Full credit to the crews (Light, sound etc) that worked with the actors and actresses but shame on the writers. These are the kind of episodes that KILL a series.

I really PRAY that there are NO MORE episodes like this ever again as it will reflect badly on the BRILLIANT series that STARGATE (SG1 and Atlantis) is.
  • Self indulgent drivel. If the cast and crew want to do something to celebrate a milestone - fine, but don\'t inflict it on the viewers. I kept waiting for it to actually go somewhere, but it never did.

1.8
    I guess these days with the cut-throat approach to ratings and the like, for a show to hit 10 seasons / 200 episodes it is quite a milestone, and that is basically what this episode is all about. Everyone giving themselves a big pat on the back. As far as I was concerned, this episode was a total non-event. By all means give the actors, writers, crew, etc some sort of industry award, party, bonus, whatever, but keep it in house, or perhaps consign it to some \'between season\' special. This episode just annoyed me and wasted my time. Grrrrr.
  • Martin, creater of Wormhole Extreme, gets to use SG1's knowledge to improve his movie script!

7.8
    Wow! After I finished laughing, which I'd have to say was pretty consistent throughout the entire episode, my first thoughts were 'What the'?

We all know that this episode is just a bit of fun - I like the fact that RDA returned and I loved all the flashes to other shows/storylines - especially the Farscape tag (a show which should never have been axed!!!!!).

I also loved the punked scene linking back to the episode 1969.

All in all, I didn't discover anything important but I did get to laugh a hell of a lot & I'm sure the cast did as well.

• '200' gives the writers, producers, the cast and crew some time to muck about and celebrate a milestone before the serious business begins again.

I only saw '200' a few minutes ago. (We've currently just started airing Season 9 over here, and the box set for it is already available in stores!)

That's beside the point. Anyway, '200' marks the 200th episode milestone for this awesome series, and to be honest, I was hoping for huge gun battles, explosions and stuff. But after reading up about what the producers and co. had planned, I became weary of what they had done.

The plot is about Martin Lloyd, who returns to the SGC as he seeks help from SG-1 to help him formulate a script for his new tele-move. Which is based around the Stargate program. The team want out, but The Pentagon thinks otherwise, as it would help provide a good cover story for the Stargate program itself.

Then begins the wacky, sometimes hilarious, sketches thought up by the SG team. Ripping off ideas from 'Thunderbirds' 'The Wizard of Oz' and even 'Farscape' the episode really is just a muck around.

In the end, serious 'hardcore' viewers might take this as just a plain stupid episode that doesn't help the series along. They are right about one thing, it's just a plain stupid episode, but personally I think this is a celebratory and fun episode for the whole cast and crew to kick back and have some fun.

And the viewers should be doing that too!
< 1 2 3 4