Stargate SG-1

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 18, 2006 on Syfy

• The horror

OMG! What is the deal with episode? The worst episode ever, among several series. SG-1 Is an amazing show that lost the bright after 8th season, but this is too much. Hallowed be the Ori, afterall.
  • Horrible episode

The producers stated that they made this episode as a treat to the fans. Yeah, great treat! The episode had me cringing, looking through my fingers and thinking "this can't be an episode of Stargate" throughout the whole thing. I hated the idea behind it. "What if there was a zombie apocalypse in the SGC!" and "What if the Furlings are Ewoks!" What the hell were the writers thinking?! That they want to torture us?

I hated everything about this episode. EVERYTHING! Even the appearance of Jack didn't make it any better. The Thunderbirds parody is the one part which truly sealed it for me. Made it the worst episode of Stargate ever made.

If the producers really wanted to make a treat to the fans, they would have made something with a lot of action, some comedy and reintroducing a major character or something. They did one of those, but not the rest.

To put this episode into perspective, I would rather watch Infinity than this crap. Worst Episode Ever.
  • Galaxy Quest style parody

The writers have a blast making fun of their own writing, in the style of Galaxy Quest and This is Spinal Tap.

I thought it was pretty funny, but clearly not all fans of SG-1 were amused.
  • No wonder they're finally cancelling this series!

This episode really jumped the guppy. I mean; I really don't what I was expecting. Perhaps, a knee-slapper, based on the "TV Guide" article I read. Perhaps, a reconciliation between O'Neill and his ex-wife, resulting in the marriage scene hyped by SciFi Channel. But, I was disappointed in both regards. Maybe, if they had done this as a two-hour special, adding in good-natured jibes at "X-Files." I might have found it hysterical laughing at Vala as Scully and Daniel as Mulder. Or, they could have even poked fun at the "Star Wars" movies Teal'c loves so much. With Ben Browder as Luke Skywalker and an uncredited cameo by Kent McCord as Darth Vader!* The only reason I don't give this land-fill episode an absolute zero? I loved the tribute to Gerry Anderson's old puppet shows! Those marionettes really had their voice-overs well-synchronized. *He played John Crichton's father on FARSCAPE.
  • Hilarious. A perfect tribute.

WOW, I never thought I would ever laugh that much during a Stargate episode. This episode is awesome. It was so silly and clever at the same time. The parodies, references and any other jokes were pure pleasure, I enjoyed every single second of that. Of course it was a pleasure to have Richard Dean Anderson (O`Neill) back for this episode, a 200th episode without him would have been pointless. The invisible Jack scenes were hilarious.
    So that got to be one of my favorite and possibly along with Windows of opportunity the funniest Stargate episode ever. The way the mocking was done makes me think of South Park.

So 200 episodes of Stargate sg1. That`s big for a sci-fi, that`s big for any show. They did commemorate that with an memorable episode.
  • Episode is TERRIBLE. Why are people giving this 10's?

I turned it off midway through. Come on, why would they put this garbage on when we all want to learn more about Ori. And who in the world gave this 10s? Terrible, completely terrible. Don't waste your time watching this episode.

I would have rather cut the grass in my front yard with scissors than watch that again. Completely pointless and I cannot stand that alien that invented Worm Hole Xtreme. Whoever thought of this idea should be fired. No wonder this show got canceled with the writers thinking that we'll like garbage like this. I want the 40something minutes of my life back that I wasted watching this episode.
  • The worst episode of Stargate ever made!!! What were they thinking?

The show had already lost a bit of its high quality when O’Neil, Hammond, Jacob, & Dr.Frasier left the show... Now we have occasional great episodes and an overall that is lower. The beginning of the season led us to believe that the overall quality was increasing again... and then they had to do episode 1005 (definitely weird and without interest). After this I was expecting a good one to follow making up for it ... and then I discovered 1006...

In a nutshell my feeling for this episode is: What the Hell is this ----? Are the producers out of money? Do they actually think this was good? (In which case we are in trouble) Are they not ashamed? Have they actually screened it before? Are they doing this so that we better appreciate the next one? Anyway this episode is making the show look very bad and I will add that if its to do that Please I beg you make the season have less episodes if you can't handle it but make them at least all watchable !

I had already gotten used to the episodes with the science geeks that are lets face it very light entertainment but this is a new low... the worst we have seen so far and I hope the last cause I wouldn't want my favorite TV show end miserably with such poor quality of script writing !
  • This was almost a waste of time. Read my rewiew for more.

Ok so this was a good episode if it wasn't expected to be really good. I wasnt sure if the end, with the actual cast, was real or not- totally bugs me.But it was funny to see some of the costumes and story lines. The very end with the other show was a waste of time, it was stupid!! So it was funny and brought back a great character it was dissapointing for a BIG episode. Though i have no idea what they would have done if it was an actual serious episode, it would be alot to come up with for 200. So i guess this is a better letdown than an actual episode for the big 200th.
  • One of the best episodes in the past 2 seasons!

This episode just rocked! I loved the stories that were being portrayed by the characters especially Vala, she was great!

SPOILERS BELOW!!

I think I had just 2 problems with this episode. The first was that Jack wasn't in the episode for too long and the 2nd was that even still there's a dream sequence going on for a certain man and woman where they are together yet the writers still don't give them the chance to breathe in the same room alone, just dream sequences or some other silly plot where they are together yet...not together. Why can't they get together already? There is NOTHING standing in the way anymore now that they don't work together. They should have just let them have a "moment" at the ending of this episode... As Martin said, the viewers do get tortured by this certain issue. 10 seasons now... enough already. Love the show, just wish the writers would give the shipper fans of this certain couple a break.
  • El SG-1 se ve obligado a ayudar a su viejo amigo Martin en la preparación del guión de una película basada en sus aventuras.

Es un episodio con mucho humor, no hay una historia fuerte porque es más bien un episodio de celebración pero es gracioso ver a los personajes hablar sobre sus locas ideas para el guión de la película basada en sus vidas.
    Cameron están ansioso por conmemorar su viaje 200 por el stargate pero debido a un mal funcionamiento de la puerta se ven obligados a quedarse a ayudar a Martin con ideas para una película que se basa en sus misiones por el stargate.
    Las últimas escenas cuando los "actores" de la serie de Martin son entrevistados son muy graciosas ya que se burlan de los verdaderos actores de Stargate SG1.
  • 200 is the 200th episode of Stargate SG-1 and very comedic. Colonel Cameron Mitchell's 2ooth trip across the event horizon (not mission) is delayed when Martin Lloyd wants to go over his script, for the Wormhole Extreme Movie, with SG-1.

HILARIOUS!

I am a huge Stargate SG-1 fan so I love every episode, but 200 is in my top 10. Every part is funny. There are lots of refrences and running gags involved in this episode so people don't get it if they haven't watched every other episode or other scifi shows (Farscape and Star Trek) or Wizard of Oz. I didn't even get the fishing joke at first because we were missing the disk with the Moebius part 1 and 2 episode on it so I never got to watch it until after watching 200. Glad that Jack came!
  • The bicenteniel episode of Star Gate SG1 (and the 200th time mitchel pass through the gate) is disapointing, even more so as Dean Anderson is finally making a gust appearance.

Stargate SG1 "200" takes as back to alien Joe and his failing TV show "wormhole extreme" (a ridiculous, mocking version of stargate). Also, aparently ts Mitchels 200th travel through tha gate.at this point i'd like to addres stargate dirctor, writers, and producers: How could you do this to us!!!???? We (by we i mean all stargat fans) have been waiting since the begining of season 9 for Jack to make an appearance, and there was no better time than the bicenteniel episode, which in any other show would have been a fenomenal, crusial to the plot and keeping us on the edge of our seat!! I was disapointed, discourged and mainlly pissed that you literally wasted jack and the 200 episode wich is a milestone in the life of a tv series, on a stupid non importand and not remotly funny pile of nonsense!!! The story was juvenal and foolish (and even obcene: Jack is peeping on Sam?? what the hell??!!). The dialog was forced and unnatural and the plot was boring and unrealistic both through the "unaird memories" of the team and the end when suddenlly half the base is going through the gate!! To me this was the worst episode ever of Stargate and the fact that it was aird as the 200 episode and that Jack was included is simply insulting. I pray the people aforementioned to apply better judgement in the future if they want the show to reach it's 11th season, and I advise any stargate fan who missed this episode to spare himself this masochistic event and wait for Dean Anderson's next appearance.
  • Wasted episode!

3.2
    With the Stargate SG-1 cancellation announcement, the decision by the writers and producers to use Wormhole Extreme in the 200th episode wasted an episode. Instead the episode should have been a pivotal point in the history of SG-1 and wrapping up the story lines.

Yes, fun and silly episodes are great, but only when there is time to play. If next season was the last this episode would be OK (not great but OK). Unless the writers and producers plan either not to wrap up the story lines or wrap them up hap-hazard, each episode now matters to the story line of this epic story and show.
  • GREATEST!!!!!!!!! episode of Stagate SG1 ever made :D YAY!!!

This episode was perfect for the 200th episode of SG1. IT is the funniest so far in the eries and will stay that way forever. I can't hardly believe that people gave this episode a 1.0 WHAT THE HELL! You people aren't stargate fans at ALL!!!! This is a perfect comedy episode funnier then "Window of Opportunity" which is a funny episode the story lines and the wizard of Oz, the puppets and they had to bring Richard Dean Anderson back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That guy is the best. After ten years and all the comedy episodes they save the best till last. Love it
  • Like seasons nine and ten, a real waist of time.

The 200th episode of Stargate SG1 fell short of my expectations. First season nine was such a disapointment that I only bothered watching this episode because I heard that some people thought it was funny. Well, when I saw it I realized that most of the jokes were on the fans called the Antis. People who felt that even though they love the show, it really should have ended in season eight. I also did not like how Sam went from being Dorathy to Vala taking over that role. I could nit pick forever, but I won't. Overall I just did not like the episode, but then again this came from people who ended the show without wrapping up a storyline so that they could sell to DVD movies. It has become painfully obvious that motivations behind the actions of tPTB come from the use of money. Oh and way to go on canciling the series the day of the permire of this episode.
  • interesting idea, pretty funny sequences, but a little stupid at the same time....

Martin comes back talking about making a Wormhole X-treme movie and he's talking to the team about it. The team throws out a lot of ideas but, in the end, they find out that they are going to renew the show instead of making the movie. I think the idea of the episode was interesting; it was basically poking fun at Stargate. I liked the sequence where Mitchell was just shooting all of the zombies, it was funny and over-dramatic, and I liked the whole invisible Jack thing. It was really funny to see the show poke fun at itself. I didn't like the "young SG-1" idea. I thought that was stupid. It was funny to see Vala try to come up with ideas but she was copying other things. I loved when they copied Star Trek and Farscape. Halarious. I hated the puppet show part. I thought that was stupid. I loved seeing Rick again but I thought he really had no point in the show. He just showed up and went through the gate. I thought it was funny to see all of the main characters going through the gate, even Walter got to go. I was sad to see that Siler didn't go...oh well. Overall, it was an interesting idea and it was a funny episode but it was on borderline stupid.
  • The movie within the movie

An interesting episode totally off the original tracking of the storyline. A little r&r in this episode in which they clearly explain the evolution with all it's ups and downs of sg1 so far. This is the episode 200 and being the last season such a number deserves a little celebration. This episode does just that in a very clever way actually. The issues they had with replacing the lead male role, canceling and renewing, not to mention FINALLY some footage of the hilarious and totally useless furlings :)), plus a special guest...General Jack O'Neill finally stars after such a long absence in this 200th episode.
  • Lovely 200th episode...

Oh.. this episode is somehow.. I love it, don't get me wrong. I love the humor, the way they have done those 100 and 200 episode special and ofcourse O'Neill back. The storyline itself is quite good - I love the irony every minute, connections with the whole show - like how to replace main char... Those little flashes of other people thoughts when they read the script - like Mitchell's zombies.. and then the replicators. Oh.. And Vala and her stories. And those little hints.. like the Star Trek one.. anyway, it was a really lovely episode, little stupit and not as funny as 100. Maybe then all this was original and now this is just second use of same idea, but it adds some little (ok more than little) fun...

More explosion - better episode.. :D
  • A disappointing show that was scraping the barrel.

1.4
    Oh dear, what can one say. I was disappointed at the announcement that Stargate was being terminated after the 10th season. Now I can see why. Being a long time fan of the show & the movie, what were the writers thinking. This is as bad as Plan 9 from outer space. What happened to the content from the previous seasons? It's like the writers totally lost interest in what they were doing and left everyone viewing absolute drivel. The whole parody thing left a bad taste in my mouth and it was extremely painful to watch. It's a shame that one of my favourite shows degenerated into something so poor on it's 200th episode. R.I.P. Stargate SG1
  • the characters are great and believable

I loved it would watch it again & again they used the line well and they played their parts well I loved to see them play around and not take themselves seriously every once and a while I do miss the Jack O'Neil character as he in my opinion made the series (but I also love the others as well Chris Judge has the best straight face I have ever seen.
    General Landry seem to be settling in and so is Vala but the need to tone Vala down a bit she seems to get into a fair bit of trouble.
  • Yet another masterpiece from Cheyenne Mountain

This is truely a celebration episode, not only a celebration of the 200th episode but allsow a celebration dedicated the fans and the hole Sci-Fi community.

Martin Lloyd (Willie Garson) is back at the SGC seaking help with his sci-fi serie "Wormhole Xtreme" by asking the SG-1 for advice on the plot. The viewer gets presented with different kinds of solutions on how the show and plot should be. The comments by the SG-1 and Martin are priceless! There are a ton of references to other sci-fi series in this episode. Furthermore the irony over the serie itself is wonderfully executed.

I, beeing a Farscape fan, loved when I saw first Ben and then later on Claudia on the screen again in a quality sci-fi serie. And then when they, in this episode, brought up the Farscape theme on SG-1 I allmost laughed myself to death.

If you are a true Sci-Fi fan then you MUST see this episode and you WILL love it...
  • One of the best episodes of Stargate SG-1

The 200th episode of Stargate SG-1 was a Series Classic and a very special episode. The episode was full of laughs. The music in the episode was awesome, especially during the Zombie scene. “200” was brilliantly written, and it was everything I expected to be. I think that the best parodies were the Team America parody and the Star Trek parody. The last part of the episode, the 10 years later part, was cool because of the “Fake” swearing. It was cool that RDA returned in the episode, without him, this episode would’ve sucked. I think very few episodes of Stargate SG-1 can be as good as this one. In my opinion, I think this episode will get some Emmy nomination for: Writing and Directing for a Comedy Series, Music for a Television Series, and Outstanding Visual Effects for a Television Series.
  • Irreverent but heartfelt homage to the Sci-fi genre.

The 100 sequel takes place in the form of a movie whose script must be approved by the original SG-1 team before they would go on a mission that would mark Col Mitchell 200 time …to cross through the gate. Shout outs to “Firefly”, “Resident Evil” and “Stargate” itself are made as the crew suggests their ideas, but the gag of the evening belongs to Vala who keeps pitching ideas stolen from “The wizard of Oz”, “Gilligan’s Island” and an obscure little show known as “Farscape” featuring Daniel Jackson as a rather intense Crichton who can’t keep his eyes off of her as Sun, Cameron Mitchell in Durell custom with an Asgard as domineer Rygel the third and both Teal’c as K’Dargo & Carter as a lovely Shiana.

High points are the younger, edgier version of their characters with Teal’c cell phone, Mitchell’s big guns and of course Vala & Daniel matching sun glasses as well as Jack appearance on a romantic Carter/O’Neal wedding and although the thunderbirds parody got tiresome at times, the team has already submitted some valuable input before they’d go back to business, this time in its entire glory along with Walter and General Landry as well. Only the thing is: the movie is now off but the producers decided to renew the series instead and so, we jump 10 years later with a parody of what the actors and crew would say on different interviews as we close the episode with a most touching quote from Isaac Asimov.
  • This is why I watch SG-1! The great writing, excellent screen play, and excellent characters all made this one one of the best SG-1 episodes around!

This episode is about how the Airforce needed to allow the \"ailen\" producer Martil Lloyd to go ahead with plans to create a feature film based on the Stargate Program for plausible deniability. The producer is somewhat of an oddball even as far as ailens are concerned. He pitched his script idea and was reluctant to really work with any of SG-1\'s ideas.
    This episode paralled the Stargate Series itself. The main points being the film to tv series idea. Stargate itself was recently cancelled by SciFi and it was later announced that several feature films would be made. Womhole Xtreme in the episode is the perfect opposite of this as it was planned for a movie to be made with the series being renewed (previous work nonwithstanding)
    Another good parallelism between the episode and the series itself was when Jack O\'neill, longtime leader of SG-1 later general, reappeared and it is commented that it\'d be in the commercials.
  • stargate\'s 200th episode was pure great entertainment. 200 represents in my mind one of the best qualities of stargate sg-1, it never took itself too seriously, making the series great fun to watch.

for me, what made me a huge fan of the show, was their ability to keep a lighter feel to the show and to occasionally laugh at themselves and the genre throughout the years. thus giving a one of a kind exprience not usually found in sci-fi or anywhere else for that matter, yet this is what makes it the best sci-fi shows ever, and one of the best period.

i just loved the 100th episode and i\'m glad they decided to take that concept up a notch. there are so many in-jokes, stabs and just a general let\'s make and have fun in this episode.i think this is the best kind of tribute to the fans. the concept of the episode was beautifully crafted for its satirical purpose. sg1 has to advise Martin Lloyd (great tie-in to 100) on his movie of wormhole xtreme that is based on knowledge of the sgc, just brilliant.
    this way sg1 can ask questions and poke holes at the script, a subtle way to critic their own exploits on the show. all the while the scenes discussed by them are portrayed by sg1, again another great writing tool.
    i don\'t understand how any fan can watch this episode and not laugh his ass off. all the \"painful to watch\" reviews are beyond me. i guess the fan base watches the show for diffirent reasons. i mean teal\'c asking why everyhing has to explode, siler\'s \"rant\", the opening credits, the lead left problem bit and many more great stuff. sure some bits were less than others but on a whole this episode was just great.
    not many productions could make such an episode, if at all. i think it\'s a great credit to the production and the fans that it was made.

stargate 200th has only one purpose and that to entertain. a thing that the show has been doing for 10 great years. for this fan i could think of no better to celebrate those years than how they did it here.

sadly stargate as a tv series will be no more, so my thanks goes out to everyone on the production for all the great entertainment over the years.
  • 200...

As everyone should know this is the 200th episode of stargate Sg1. And it is a very funny episode at that. For this they did a lot of funny things like they made fun of star trek and farscape and the wizard of oz. For any series to make it to 200 episodes is just amazing. Not very many shows get to do that I think I would have liked to see what they would have done if they made it to 300 episodes. Of course you can't have the 200 episdoe without Richard dean anderson, he didn't play a very big role but he was still funny. i wished though that they would have had more of Don S. Davis because he only appeared as a puppet. I thought it was funny when they sent Sylar into the gate room and he touches something and flys half way across the room and says "Why is it always me?" Along with being funny they also had alot of in jokes. I don't really care what any body else says because this was one of the best episodes of the series. For any series to make it to 200 is amazing.
  • The Hilarious landmark episode that few other series' are able to achieve...

i watched this episode with much anticipation, hoping that it was as good as i expected, usually when i think an episode is going to be really good, it turns out that it isn't. But this episode was just fantastic!. i liked how they had Gen. O'Neill in this episode a lot, although i was hoping to see more of him. it was funny when the characters dress up as other tv characters like Star Trek, Farscape, and Wizard of Oz. i think that after all the hard work that the crew and cast has put into this show that it's about time to have some fun. It's too bad that there won't be another landmark episode like 250, or 300 even, but we have to give credit for all the hours of Stargate SG1 that have been made. And as this review is my 100th review, it is also my longest, and i felt that i should make it important.200 will definatly be remembered by all SG1 fans forever. Congradulations cast and crew of Stargate SG1!
  • While I'm not usually a fan of episodes that part from the root story line, I aboslutely loved this!

This was simply an amazing episode. Sometimes only having a few jokes in an episode isn't really enough to keep you entertained (especially if you're not a huge sci-fi fan, but simply enjoy the drama and stories). Firefly was a good example of this, where almost every seen had some sort of comedic value to it, and this episode of Sg-1 was PERFECT in accomplishing this.

While it clearly didn't have any direct reference to the actual storyline (except maybe the O'Neil being Mitchell's father?? part), the comedy throughout was brilliant, especially making fun of the show that Mitchell and Vala are originally from (what was that called again?)

Absolutely amazing in my eyes.
  • Great celebration of longevity.

First off I would like to congratulate the cast and crew on this milestone and while some people say that this episode “Jumps the Shark” I think they don’t realize that that was the point. It was meant to be so over the top and that’s what made it the funniest thing that I have ever seen. From the constant inside jokes to the Sci-Fi references I was laughing for an hour straight. The Farscape and the Puppets were my favorites with my only complaint being that the puppets part was a bit long. Overall this was the funniest thing I have seen on TV.
  • absolute rubbish, if this was the best they could come up with for the 200th episode perhaps it\\\\\\\'s just as well they are cancelling this once fantastic show.

absolute rubbish, if this was the best they could come up with for the 200th episode perhaps it\\\\\\\'s just as well they are cancelling this once fantastic show. How can they justify what was basically a clip show ? How am I going to come up with 100 words to write about this purile mess that should never have see the light of day ?

filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler 100