Stargate SG-1

Affinity

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 20, 2004 on Syfy

• Inventive use of an avocado

I heartilly enjoyed this episode of Stargate pitching the seriousness of Aliens among us with the light hearted humor that makes this show so enjoyable.

Teal'c's attempts to make this neighbourhood a better place are wonderful filled with the confusion of a person in a strange environment but with the desire to help. The scene where he threw an avocado at the mugger was very funny and I can't help but wonder that if after this episode vegetable realted incidents went up.

The actions of Teal'c with his neighbour was very well done as well as his worry about her being abused by her boyfriend. The conclusion to this thread seemed sad but realistic.

Pete's proposal to Sam was another good storyline as she attempts to work out whether to settle or continue holding out for the one she really wants. I can't hgelp but think that when she said yes she still had all sorts of doubts and unresolved issues.

Brilliantly done.