Stargate SG-1

Affinity

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 20, 2004 on Syfy

• Teal'c just keeps on delivering as an interesting character. He shows strength as well as compassion.

This is another episode I really liked. Even though it takes place on Earth, I like it when episodes sometimes take a break and show us about the person lives of the characters we normally seeing zipping around the universe and fighting the big bad guys. In this one, Teal'c desire to have a normal life and his inability to blend his heroic nature with that normal life is well contrasted. Carter's dilemma about marriage however drag.

Teal'c and his relationship with Krista was very good. Mr. Judge played it well that I could never be sure whether Teal'c recognized Krista coming on to him or thought it innocent. The fear that the Trust felt at having Teal'c loose on the streets was understandable (though wrong) and I liked they way that they became involved in Teal'c arrest. The actions of the Trust made good sense to the facts and really helped the story along.

Carter on the other hand seemed weak. They keep flirting with the whole concept that Carter and Oneal would have been a couple if they were not both air force officers. I am glad that the air force kept pressure on the producers to NOT allow them to become a couple because the whole sexual tension thing just does not work and when they attempt to showcase it, it just harms the show, in my opinion. I wish they would have a plot for Carter (whether the A or B story) that does not involve her love-life. Sometimes it seems that writers just stick female characters in love-life issues because they are not sure what to do with them and that is what I feels like here as they continue yet another Samantha Carter love-life plot line arc. Boring.

My opinion, and season 10 is a great time to do this, is that the writers should have Krista return after having given birth to Teal'c child (a daughter). Having Teal'c have a daughter could be interesting, especially if the daughter spends some time on a world where time moves very fast and grows to be a teenager that he has to deal with.