Stargate SG-1

Ascension

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jul 13, 2001 on Syfy

• I would like to Stick up for this Episode

I have recently been going through from start to finish the Stargate series on DVD once again and I noticed the low score for this episode which shocked me....

Spoilers for the episodes ahead from this (Stop reading if you care)

This is one of my favorite episodes. I generally like anything to do with ascended ancients but I especially like the fact, this whole episode was devoted to Carter doing something other than work. A look into her outside life.

The ancient actor was very good and I find the love story quite a nice touch. I felt the need to give this episode a boost because episodes like this are refreshing intervals between all the action and this one was done very well.

I agree with another reviewer that the whole building a Stargate was quite cool. My only gripe with this episode which is more a gripe with an inconsistent fact in the Stargate series.

Why can some ascended ancients touch things and others can't?. Orlin, Daniel and I think Morgan couldn't. Yet Oma could hold the child in an episode before this and Chaya could touch things....

The episode was a good break from all the fighting, on a side written well and well worth a watch.